This is my NL only 5x5 keeper $260 budget pitching staff:

Chacin
    Dan Hudson
    Jaimie Garcia
    Ryan Franklin
    Hanrahan
    Meek

I have spent $55 on them.

Now the question is with 3 open spots. Does it make sense to add any of these 3 to the mix? Pitching will be scarce at auction. There is alot of money but alot of offense to spend it on.

Gorzelanny $1

Harang $11

Zambano $19

I have $154 to spend but only 4 bats without adding any of these. Leaning to tossing all 3 back.

Thoughts?

I wouldnt touch Harang or Z but if pitching is as scarce as you say, I might roll with Gorz.
    After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

nah - toss em all back

It might be better to grab an 8th inning guy for $4 or less instead

Comment

I'd throw them all back.

With 6 Ps already, there could be a significant opportunity cost from keeping Gorzelanny. If spending is high on those hitters, some better pitchers might be around for dollar days.

How many teams? Gorzelanny and Harang are interesting in 14-team but fugeddabout it in 10-team.
        finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
        own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
        won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
        RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
        C Stallings 2, Casali 1
        1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
        OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Oops. It is a 12 team league.

While Halladay and Lee will be in the auction, it drops off pretty fast after that.

Rotolab is showing Harang valued at $8 as 10th best available followed by Zambrano also at $8. Gorz is 21st at $2. We need to fill 38 positions. Three of which will be closers.

Comment

Nah. Toss them all back. Gorz is an end-gamer and the only one that I would think about.

Comment

In building my NL pitching staff in a keeper league, one thing I'm keeping in mind is how many quality injured SP are going to be available. I assume in most leagues Wainwright, Santana, Strasberg, and maybe Garland will all be available. If you are thinking long term, or even if you are thinking of just this year, because they should have great trade value come dumping time (well, maybe not Garland), you have to keep a spot open for one or even two of them. There's a good chance Gorz or a reasonable Gorz facsimile will be available on reserve or on the free agent list to fill in. One thing to always keep in mind in deciding on keepers is not only the salary cap, but the roster size cap. You are only permitted to have 9 of the 108 pitcher taken at auction. Filling a slot it too early may leave you unable to take advantage of opportunities at the end.

Comment

I'd not keep any of them. IMO, you're better off with a cheap MR than Gorzo - even if he's good, he's a WHIP anchor, and if he's bad, he's just an anchor.
                I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Thanks for the replies gentlemen.

Comment

Working...
                  X