2K11 Offseason Transactions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Grinch View Post
    Now THAT'S a Low Risk-High Reward proposition, I can see him working out well under Ozzie
    I can see Ozzie attempting to strangle him, too. No matter what, it should be great entertainment.
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Blue Jays sign Scott Podsednik to a minor league contract.

He should fire his agent after opting out of his $2m contract with the Dodgers.....

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
        Blue Jays sign Scott Podsednik to a minor league contract.

He should fire his agent after opting out of his $2m contract with the Dodgers.....
        Yup...that effectively kills any value that he might have had. Unless they can find some sucker to take Rivera off of their hands...
        "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
        - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
        -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
          Indians reportedly signed Orlando Cabrera.
          Any value for Jason Donald I guess left the building.

Comment

D'Backs sign Russell Branyan to a minor league contract.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
              D'Backs sign Russell Branyan to a minor league contract.
              Suddenly Brandon Allen has no value...
              "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
              - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
              -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                Suddenly Brandon Allen has no value...
                The Arizona 1B situation was confusing before they signed Branyan. If his back holds up, Branyan could rake in that ballpark. A Branyan/Nady platoon could be pretty productive but if I was a Dback fan, I'd rather see what Allen or Miranda could do with some playing time.

Comment

Allen played a lot of LF last season. He could still win the starting LF job. But adding Branyan to Miranda and Allen gives them three LF sluggers, so it wouldn't be surprising to see one of them go. And Miranda is out of options.

Comment

Man, Miranda is now more buried for the D-Backs than he ever was for the Yankees. I really hope he gets a shot to show what he can do somewhere.
                    Some people say winning isn't everything. I say those people never won anything.

Quitters never win, winners never quit, but those who never win AND never quit are idiots.

The last thing I want to do is hurt you...but it's still on the list.

Some people are like Slinkies, they are not really good for anything but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

"...relentless inevitability of Yankee glory." - The Onion

Comment

Rockies sign John Maine to a minor league contract

Comment

Nick Johnson signed a minor league deal with the Indians.

There's no truth to the rumor that he injured his wrist while signing the contract.
                        Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!

Comment

Originally posted by Grinch View Post

There's no truth to the rumor that he injured his wrist while signing the contract.
                          Are you absolutely sure about that? Maybe it was his leg...or his back...or his elbow...or his shoulder...
                          Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
                          -- William James

Comment

The Reds and Ryan Hanigan have agreed to a three-year, $4 million deal, according to ESPN's Buster Olney.

This means that there is no way the Reds keep Mesoraco and Grendal.
                            After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Some key demotions:

Jenrry Mejia, NYM
                              Andy Oliver, DET
                              Desmond Jennings, TB
                              Mark Rogers, MLW
                              Thomas Diamond, CHC

Comment

Mets finally release Luis Castillo

Comment

Working...
                                X