• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Homer Bailey shhhhhh....

Perfecto through 6

itttttt he's looking good

Comment

Lost the perfecto, but 8 IP with still no hits.....

Comment

One out to go.....

Comment

He did it!

Comment

Man I love to watch that dude pitch

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
              Man I love to watch that dude pitch
              I didn't see any of this one. How'd he look? Obviously all no hitters relied on some degree of luck - but some more so than others. Were there any spectacular defensive plays? Excessive incompetence on behalf of the SF hitters?

Or was this performance just as purely dominant as the line suggests?

Comment

I didn't watch the whole game, but the SF announcers were saying in the ninth that there weren't any particularly hard hit balls or good defensive plays.
                In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

They were correct

Votto made a heady play getting the lead runner on a batted ball on the infield, but that was the only "notable" play I saw in this. Bailey was flat out shoving the baseball last night

Comment

he was still throwing 97 in the 9th, and he was locating his fastball well. I thought it was more dominance than luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
                      They were correct

Votto made a heady play getting the lead runner on a batted ball on the infield, but that was the only "notable" play I saw in this. Bailey was flat out shoving the baseball last night
                      That was in the 8th inning after Blanco was walked. I did not see how Blanco got to 2nd. Buster Posey hit a ground ball almost in the hole between 1st and 2nd which Votto fielded. Bailey was caught watching the play and would not have been at 1st it time for the ground out so Votto alertly threw to Frasier at 3rd who applied the tag on Blanco as he went by. Great play which was only the 2nd out of the inning also.
                      Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

Originally posted by Piney Boy View Post
                        That was in the 8th inning after Blanco was walked. I did not see how Blanco got to 2nd. Buster Posey hit a ground ball almost in the hole between 1st and 2nd which Votto fielded. Bailey was caught watching the play and would not have been at 1st it time for the ground out so Votto alertly threw to Frasier at 3rd who applied the tag on Blanco as he went by. Great play which was only the 2nd out of the inning also.
                        Blanco to second on a slow roller to Frazier; very heads up play by Votto, its was exciting, as exciting as a fielder's choice could be.

Comment

Working...
                        X