Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NL-only--Cashner vs. Samardzija--who to trade, who to keep?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NL-only--Cashner vs. Samardzija--who to trade, who to keep?

The title says it all: I will try to upgrade a hitting slot. I will also get back a decent SP to replace the slot traded. My question is, which one has the most upside? Both are outstanding keepers for next year, similar contracts [2nd year] and both dirt cheap.If I had to hang onto just one of them, who would it be? I am in first with 2 guys chasing me; I need to keep pushing this year, yet hate to blow up all my good keepers if I can avoid it.
    Thanks for your input!
    Bearin' up!

Trade Cashner. He has an injury history.

Comment

I like both but I would keep Samardzija. Play up the Petco angle to get as much for Cashner as you can.

Comment

I'd hang onto Samardzija who is 2nd in the NL in strikeouts. I tend to be a strikeout snob though.

Comment

Yeah, Samardzija all the way. Way back in the day, we had to spell out our rosters by hand via email. Back then, I wouldn't roster guys with such tough names to spell. Unless you have to spell his name frequently, I can't think of another reason that you'd prefer to keep Cashner over him .

Comment

isn't there a better chance of Jeff S going to AL next year than Cashner?
            finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
            own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
            won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
            RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
            C Stallings 2, Casali 1
            1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
            OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
              isn't there a better chance of Jeff S going to AL next year than Cashner?
              I think Samardzija is under team control for another couple years, but could be wrong. Regardless I think it's highly unlikely he walks. Cubs want him and he seems to like it in Chicago.

Comment

Samardzija is under team control through 2015. Although it's always possible that they sell him off if they can't agree on an extension before that, I wouldn't worry too much about it.
                In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Working...
                X