AL-Only hitter decisions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AL-Only hitter decisions

Been tinkering with my lineup all year and unfortunately I still don't have it figured out. Right now the configuration is

3B - Eric Sogard
    CI - Justin Smoak or Mike Carp
    OF - David Murphy or Mike Carp
    Util - Stephen Drew (already have Hardy and Aybar at SS and MI)

Would any of these guys be droppable for:
    Brett Wallace - has sucked throughout his major league career, but has prospect pedigree
    Jarrod Dyson - could use the steals, PT will be an issue
    Alberto Callaspo - pretty meh player
    Luke Scott - PT could be an issue with Myers up

I'm tempted to drop Carp since he's not getting many starts with everyone healthy, but his overall numbers are too gaudy to dismiss. Murphy was so good last year that it's hard to give up on him (plus I have him for $2).

Thanks!

I think a lot has to do with matchups, but I would love to drop Sogard for Callaspo or maybe even Wallace if he qualifies. Isn't Dyson on the fat part of a platoon somewhere? I like him but I'm not sure who I'd drop. I agree that you can't give up on Murphy. I think I'd rather cut Smoak than Carp.

Comment

Wallace does qualify at 3B and should get plenty of opportunity being on the Astros, but his suckitude still scares me. Callaspo's one of those guys that just doesn't excite me because he's not a good bet for double-digit homers or steals and hits low enough in the lineup where his counting stats aren't great either. Sogard at least has 7 steals so far while having a slightly better OBP, although his previous years aren't very enticing. Come on A-Rod, I need you back!

Comment

Working...
      X