• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trade advice asap, please

Hey folks, long time no see.

10 team NL only - pretty deep league

Lance Lynn for Edward Mujica

who gives more value the rest of the way?

thanks

4x4 or 5x5? either way I prefer Mujica but moreso in a 4x4.
    After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

sorry... 5x5

Comment

much closer in a 5x5 but slight edge for me to Mujica...
        After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Depends on team needs, but I'd tend to favor Mujica in this deal

Comment

Agree with the others on Mujica.
            Last edited by virgonomic; 06-26-2013, 05:53 PM.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
            Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
            Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
              Mujica. Had him as a Twin 2 years ago hoping for a season like this.
              As in you guys dressed alike? He's never played for Minnesota

Comment

Originally posted by overkill94 View Post
                As in you guys dressed alike? He's never played for Minnesota
                Huh. Maybe I was thinking of Mijares. I remember grabbing a speculative Twins reliever a couple years ago and thinking he had resurfaced in StL.

Comment

Originally posted by overkill94 View Post
                  Depends on team needs, but I'd tend to favor Mujica in this deal
                  I'd lean toward Lynn, but team needs are key. How many points do you stand to gain/lose in saves with Mujica coming/going? Or gain/lose in W/K with Lynn coming/going? If I had a serviceable SP available, and Mujica could mean 4-5 points in saves, I trade Lynn without hesitation. Vice-versa, if I stood to lose only a point or two in saves by dealing Mujica and W/K are really tight, Mujica gets the boot.
                  I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
                    Huh. Maybe I was thinking of Mijares. I remember grabbing a speculative Twins reliever a couple years ago and thinking he had resurfaced in StL.
                    Mijares has been with the Twins, Royals, and now the Giants. Never with the Cardinals. Except for 2011, he's been a serviceable if not distinguished MR.

Getting back to the subject--I agree with chancellor's assessment. As much as I love Lynn (own him in two leagues), there are lots of good SPs and only so many decent closers. In an NL-only, I lean toward the Mujica side of the deal.
                    Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
                    -- William James

Comment

Lynn gets my vote. Mujica has been successful but could probably lose his job to Rosenthal at some point.

Comment

Originally posted by Don Quixote View Post
                        Mijares has been with the Twins, Royals, and now the Giants. Never with the Cardinals. Except for 2011, he's been a serviceable if not distinguished MR.
                        I believe I picked up Mijares at one point when he was with the Twins, probably back in 2010 or 2011 when Nathan was hurt/on the mend, since he was believed to be part of a committee although looking back at his stats he's never had a save in the majors.

Only leagues make closers that much more valuable since there are even fewer options for saves on the wire. I was veeeery skeptical of Mujica at the beginning of the season, but he's earned himself plenty of rope. Plus, Lance Lynn not only has two first names, one of them's a girls' name.

Comment

Thanks for all the opinions. I'm the Mujica owner and the deal is still on the table. I'm sitting in first place with a ten point lead at the moment. I stand to gain three points in saves if I keep Mujica. If I trade for Lynn, he'll help me in K's (probably pick up two points) and he'll help me maintain my lead in wins (I have 46 and there are guys with 40, 44 and 45). However, ERA and Whip are pretty tight (I'm at 3.48 and 1.14) and Lynn could hurt me there. Oh the other hand, I have Jason Marquis, Dillon Gee and Tim Hudson in my rotation and wouldn't mind putting them on the bench. Oh and I will hopefully have AJ Burnett coming back soon. So basically... I don't know what to do.

Comment

Originally posted by Don Quixote View Post
                            Yeah, I was confising Mijares of the Twins with Mujica of the Cards.

Comment

In that scenario, I would keep Mujica. (but not Mijares)
                              "Igor, would you give me a hand with the bags?"
                              "Certainly. You take the blonde and I'll take the one in the turban!"

Comment

Working...
                              X