Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brett Wallace recalled

Wow this leads to a lot of questions:
    1) Does he get a full time gig or is he a utility guy?
    a) If a 1B is Pena gone or to DH?
    aa) If Pena is DH where is Chris Carter?
    b) If a 3B where is Dominguez? Oddly, Matt D may lose the job for bad 'D', which was supposed to be his strength.
    c) If a utility, how much playing time does he get?
    2) Will he be able to figure out how to hit in the majors? 1-24 with 17 K's got him demoted, but he hit well in AAA, albeit with still too many K's....or is he the proverbial AAAA player?
    3) What will happen when Singleton forces his way up, unless Wallace can play a passable 3B, there is only room for 2 of Wallace, Carter, Singleton (assuming Pena is gone by then)

Now is the time to figure it out and trade away the unneccesary parts. Either way there is not enough room for Wallace (26 years old) Carter (26) Dominguez (23) and Singleton (21) to all make the roster for 2014
    Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!

There's plenty of room in AAA where Wallace belongs. What was the corresponding roster move to Wallace being recalled? That should explain the playing time.

Comment

Appears to be Wade LeBlanc. So much for that helping figure things out. Maybe they'll let him pitch--he doesn't hit major league pitching and he couldn't be much worse than LeBlanc.

Comment

Viewed from far away, I get the impression that this could be an effort to build up some trade value for Wallace. I don't think he's the future at 1B (that's Singleton) and he can't really play 3B. And the Astros seem to have multiple DH candidates, all similar in that they don't H.
        Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
        -- William James

Comment

Originally posted by Don Quixote View Post
          Viewed from far away, I get the impression that this could be an effort to build up some trade value for Wallace. I don't think he's the future at 1B (that's Singleton) and he can't really play 3B. And the Astros seem to have multiple DH candidates, all similar in that they don't H.
          The Houston optomist will say that it's youth-related and growing pains are expected. They are at a point however, where a logjam is beginning to develop and have to choose who stays and who goes. They are going to be hard-pressed to find a taker for Pena, he has been a disappointment and as a trade chip appears to be only a bench bat now. They can't play him regularly if they want to evaluate the young guys, but not playing him drops his trade value.
          Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!

Comment

Working...
          X