• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free at last, free at last

Carlos Marmol DFA'd by the Cubs

Dammit, I was hoping this was an Erasmo thread

Comment

Now how will the Cubs maximize their winning by losing strategy?

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
        Now how will the Cubs maximize their winning by losing strategy?
        They're the Cubs. On one hand, they wrote the book on finding ways to lose; on the other, losing could be winning for them, so you have to figure they'll screw that up, too.

Getting back to the subject--I bought Marmol for $9 this year and thought I could have a bargain. In the words of a classic Rod Stewart song, "Look how wrong you can be." I didn't keep him active for long, so he didn't do much damage to my team, but it was a complete waste of auction dollars.
        Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
        -- William James

Comment

Originally posted by Bodhizefa View Post
          But he could well end up on your Mariners. At this point, if they fixed Ollie Perez, they have to believe they can fix Marmol, too.
          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by Bodhizefa View Post
            It is now being reported that he will be up soon, but he is apparently still starting for Tacoma tonight.

Comment

Working...
            X