Pitcher Pickup Prognostication

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pitcher Pickup Prognostication

I've had some good fortune with my SP pickups this season, and I'm trying to figure out which ones are likely to keep it up. Anybody from this list that you have a strong feeling about either way?

R Porcello
    S Feldman
    J Locke
    T Wood
    J Turner
    J Alvarez
    N Eovaldi

Porcello, though I'd like to see him rebound with a couple good starts.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
    Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
    Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

I like the 97 mph Eovaldi to put up some good stats his first time through the league.

Comment

I'm definitely worried about Wood once the weather gets warm and the wind starts blowing out. Same thing for Feldman to a lesser degree. I don't believe in Alvarez, but the Tigers do have a way of pulling guys out of the minors and getting them to contribute.

I'm a believer in Locke, he has good defense and good ballpark to help him retain some of his magic.

Comment

Don't let any of them anywhere near your teenage daughter.
          Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
          We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by Jefe View Post
            I've had some good fortune with my SP pickups this season, and I'm trying to figure out which ones are likely to keep it up. Anybody from this list that you have a strong feeling about either way?

R Porcello
            S Feldman
            J Locke
            T Wood
            J Turner
            J Alvarez
            N Eovaldi
            I want Locke 1st, Wood second, Eovaldi is interesting once he puts it together

Comment

I discounted Locke after watching him pitch against the Dodgers early this year yet he keeps proving me wrong. Then again, his K:BB is kinda weak so he should come back to Earth soon.

Turner and Eovaldi are the most intriguing to me since they've had fairly limited time in the majors and were very good prospects - only problem with them will be wins.

Comment

Shandler dislikes Locke and Wood.

Comment

I've been offered Gio for Locke or Wood. Hmm. Can't you guys all come to consensus for me?

Comment

Originally posted by Jefe View Post
                    I've been offered Gio for Locke or Wood. Hmm. Can't you guys all come to consensus for me?
                    I would be ALL over that.

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
                      I'd take him for either but I think I'd trade Wood first.
                      That's how I see it, too. But with the year I'm having, don't consider that a plus.
                      Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
                      -- William James

Comment

Made three deals, moving Locke, Wood and Tepesch with some extra bats for Gio, Longoria, Hanley Ram and Vogelsong.

Here's hoping I have enough pitching left.

Comment

Working...
                        X