No announcement yet.

Official "Not En Fuego" Thread (Caldo?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official "Not En Fuego" Thread (Caldo?)

Since we have a thread for "en fuego" players, I thought I would start one for the opposite. Maybe it's the rant thread, but doesn't need to be.

For starters, I nominate Martin Prado. His stat line is brutal. .237 average seems to come from nowhere. With the exception of 2011, the guy has hit .300+ every year since 2008. Not expecting Teddy Ballgame here, but what's going on? Seems a little long for a BABIP fluke. Sadly this reminds me of Jason Bay's arrival with the Mets (minus the concussion).

over the last month, Vernon Wells is hitting .110 with a .250 OPS

Comment

"frio"
      Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
      -- William James

Comment

Originally posted by Don Quixote View Post
        "frio"
        Thanks. Apparently it worked. Prado has stepped it up a bit.

Comment

Since April 28 Justin Upton has hit 3 home runs and has 19 rbi. How is that possible..The dude is supposed to have massive power...and talent....
          "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Justin Verlander has a WHIP a smudge under 1.40......oof

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
              Since April 28 Justin Upton has hit 3 home runs and has 19 rbi. How is that possible..The dude is supposed to have massive power...and talent....
              And he's not even on any of my teams.

The bad news is that I kept his brother at $23 in PONY--the only league in which I'm contending.
              Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
              -- William James

Comment

Working...
              X