PONY League - Junk Dogz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PONY League - Junk Dogz

Hey everyone... I'd like some thoughts on my PONY league team I drafted this last weekend... likes and dislikes and suggestions for reserve/wavier pick-ups. Bold lettering are the players I had kept. This is a 17 team mixed keeper league.

C- Josh Thole $7
    C- Devin Mesoraco $1
    1B- Joey Votto $20
    2B- Tsiuyoshi Nishioka $14
    3B- Evan Longaria $20
    SS- Ian Desmond $1
    CI- Mitch Moreland $3
    MI- Sean Rodriguez $12
    OF- Josh Hamilton $37
    OF- Travis Snider $13
    OF- Roger Bernadina $9
    OF- Johnny Gomes $7
    OF- Camberon Maybin $9
    UT- David Murphy $9

P- Tommy Hanson $14
    P- Johnny Cueto $13
    P- Colby Lewis $10
    P- Jonathan Niese $1
    P- Jordan Zimmerman $5
    P- A. Chapman $8
    P- Chris Naverson $6
    P- Stephen Strasberg $5
    P- Huston Street $16

Res- Daisuke Matsuzaka $10
    Res- Russell Branyan $10
    Res- Brandon Beachy $10
    Res- Brian Fuentes $5

I was very pitcher heavy going into the draft, but felt much better with my first pick of Josh Hamilton. I am hurting for saves, but did manage to pick up Fuentes in the reserve draft about 30 minutes after Bailey was hurt in ST (timing is everything).

All feedback is appreciated... thanks guys!
    minnehan
    Last edited by minnehan; 03-15-2011, 01:05 AM.

5x5 league

Comment

You weren't the only one to draft a 7th string catcher when there were actual MLB players left in the pool

Bernadina looks a bit shaky now that Morse is threatening to take his job. You have a lot of 400-450 AB guys (moreland, gomes, s-rod, murphy, bernadina) which will probably hurt your runs/RBIs. I can't make up my mind on Nishioka but for that price I think he's a good gamble. Hamilton was a fine buy. I think Snider is a good value. But if Votto, Hamilton and Longoria aren't serious MVP candidates your offense looks a bit light. Maybe you get some breaks with PT, but with 6-7 guys needing breaks, I really doubt you get them all.

Pitching is solid, if Fuentes doesn't get some saves you'll be hurting there. I don't love your WHIP (especially if you end up using Dice-K) but ERA looks good and you should have enough Ks.

Comment

thanks for sharing your thoughts, John.

Comment

Working...
        X