Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many (if any) of the following players will surpass 3,000 career hits?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many (if any) of the following players will surpass 3,000 career hits?

Alex Rodriguez: 2,901 hits, 37 years old
    Ichiro Suzuki: 2,662 hits, 39 years old
    Albert Pujols: 2,308 hits, 33 years old
    Michael Young: 2,290 hits, 36 years old
    Adrian Beltre: 2,304 hits, 34 years old
    Jimmy Rollins: 2,090 hits, 34 years old
    Miguel Cabrera: 1,893 hits, 30 years old
    Robinson Cano: 1,532 hits, 30 years old
    David Wright, 1,491 hits, 30 years old
    Other (please specify in thread)

I left out several players ranked higher than some of these guys on the active career hits -- Helton, Pierre, Aramis Ramirez, Konerko, Beltran, etc) -- because I don't think they have a realistic chance. I also didn't include players who have less than 1,400 career hits.
    Alex Rodriguez
    0%
    Ichiro Suzuki
    0%
    Albert Pujols
    0%
    Adrian Beltre
    0%
    Michael Young
    0%
    Jimmy Rollins
    0%
    Miguel Cabrera
    0%
    Robinson Cano
    0%
    David Wright
    0%
    Other (please specify in thread)
    0%

I don't think Ichiro will make it because he'll have trouble finding regular playing time going forward. I worry about Miggy's body breaking down in his late 30's, but he still has a decent chance. The only ones with a good chance, IMO, are A-Rod and Pujols since they both have lots of years left on their contracts so they'll continue getting at-bats even if their bodies continue breaking down.

Of the youngsters, I'd say Trout and Harper have a good chance since they got an early start and have the pedigree to stay good for a long time. Obviously a lot can change in the next 15 years though.

Comment

I think Beltre will get there. He just turned 34, he's playing at a high level, and he'll likely be right around 2,400 hits (possibly a tick above) when this season is done. If he plays 5 more years after this one and averages 125 hits a season (he'll probably be closer to 150 the next couple of years and 110 in the last couple), that will get him there. Lots can happen, and a devastating injury can change all of that, of course, but I don't think it's at all unlikely. He actually has an outside shot to join both the 3,000 hit club and 500 hr club. I think he'll miss on the latter, but stranger things have happened.

Comment

I'll add Mike Trout and Manny Machado to the others list

Honestly looking at the active hits leaders, the only other guy that jumps out as a maybe is Country Breakfast

Comment

Working...
        X