Dustin Ackley & Alex Gordon ARE THE SAME PERSON

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dustin Ackley & Alex Gordon ARE THE SAME PERSON

Dustin Ackley and Alex Gordon were both born in February. They’re both left-handed hitters who throw right-handed. They were both college super stars who were selected with the 2nd overall pick of the draft. Both saw their first Major League action as 23-year olds and both struggled and were sent to the minors (where they raked).
    Now Dustin Ackley is playing LEFT FIELD IN THE MINORS!

Is Dustin Ackley actually Alex Gordon in disguise in a Hannah Montana-type situation?
    When the Mariners have played the Royals in the past, did Gordon quick run to the dugout and change uniforms every time "Dustin Ackley" came up to bat?

Either way, in a couple years when Ackley's age 27 season (the age that Gordon broke out), I'm spending shit load of money on Ackley.

The big difference is that Ackley was never considered a power hitter. I think at best we were hoping for around 15 hr per year, maybe a few 20 hr years in his prime. What is disappointing (other than his lack of skill in hitting a baseball) is his lack of sb. I remember when he was drafted, the scouts were saying this was a guy who would rack up a lot of sb.
    "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

I think we M's fans would kill for Dustin Ackley to become Alex Gordon at this point. I actually gave up on Ackley last year (as opposed to many other Seattle fans who gave him the benefit of the doubt -- but I know better where the Mariners are concerned )

Ackley's really killed it down in Tacoma thus far, but I am supremely skeptical until he can translate it for a good long while at the big league level. Here's hoping that starts happening sometime soon (he's playing outfield, so I expect he could be up sooner that way given that Nick Franklin has entirely supplanted Ackley at second).

Comment

Working...
      X