Who to drop (NL-only)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who to drop (NL-only)

With Cueto and Eovaldi coming back soon I need to make some decisions. Which two (in order) would you cut out of:

Kevin Siegrist - just picked him up due to his ridiculous K-rates both in the minors and now in the majors; not expecting saves or anything, but my team severely lacks K's
    Barry Zito - seems like the magic might've worn off; has a cake schedule next week (vs. SD, vs. Mia), but I'd prefer to cut him before he goes to Colorado the following week
    Dale Thayer - with Street coming back soon he might go back to 3rd in line, but Street's health issues and Gregerson's recent struggles might net him a handful of saves
    K-Rod - Henderson's back, but looked shaky last night; pitching well, but hard to trust him after his last couple years

Thanks!

Zito, Thayer

Comment

I still think I'd drop Sigriest (and Zito). Gregerson got yanked last night. I guess it depends on how many saves you need.

Comment

My team doesn't have a great chance of contending, so I guess it'd be trade bait as well as trying to move up in the standings to get more keepers for next year.

Is it worth it to keep Zito on for his next two starts considering they're both at home (where he's waaaay better) and against two of the worst offenses in the league or is he hopeless at this point?

Comment

Miami is so bad that I'd roll the dice with Zito, and cut Siegrist and K-Rod and hope to get one of them back for Zito the following week.

Comment

I don't have to activate either of them right away and neither has an actual return date quite yet so hopefully the Milwaukee and SD bullpen situations will have some clarity by then. I'll probably take a wait-and-see approach with Eovaldi especially since he's been out all season.

Comment

Working...
            X