Daily Fantasy: Worst Pitcher of the Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Haven't looked at all the starters for today but this one looks enticing:

Nationals SP Ross Ohlendorf will be called up to start for the Nationals on Wednesday in Colorado.

Comment

Dillon Gee

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
        Haven't looked at all the starters for today but this one looks enticing:

Nationals SP Ross Ohlendorf will be called up to start for the Nationals on Wednesday in Colorado.
        That's a great evening play. For the afternoon, it's gotta be Edinson Volquez, especially against lefties.

Comment

volquez in the morning.

ohlendorf or pelfrey tonight, methinks. stack with rockies and the couple of phillies that can hit .
          "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

Originally posted by Roto Rooter View Post
            Dillon Gee
            i see what you did there...
            "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
              That's a great evening play. For the afternoon, it's gotta be Edinson Volquez, especially against lefties.
              He will probably throw a one hitter, have 10Ks and get the win. This is the first or second time in my many years of playing fantasy baseball that I am sitting a starting pitcher.

Comment

Originally posted by bryanbutler View Post
                haren or hernandez.

haren has a bad reverse split where righties punish him (.976 OPS), and the rockies are strong from that side (second in the league in OPS vs righties). and it's in coors.

hernandez has a bad split against lefties, and the bosox are leading the league in OPS vs. righties. hernandez had a good start on may 29, but otherwise has been rolled in 3 of the last 4. it's in tropicana, which has a slightly positive park factor.

honorable mention to davis. bad splits (lefties have .993 OPS vs.), and detroit is fifth in the league vs. righties in OPS. @ kaufman, which is not great, which is why it's honorable mention.

SO - did anyone try it? and did it work?

Comment

Originally posted by swampdragon View Post
                  I went with a COL stack against Haren and won all my leagues with it. Would've been better using CarGo, but he's the most expensive hitter in the game. I used LeMahieu, Tulo, Fowler & Arenado and all contributed.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                    I went with a COL stack against Haren and won all my leagues with it. Would've been better using CarGo, but he's the most expensive hitter in the game. I used LeMahieu, Tulo, Fowler & Arenado and all contributed.
                    always good to stand behind your own strategy and see it work

Comment

Originally posted by swampdragon View Post
                      i stacked COL and it worked in my scherzer lineup, not so much with holland ...

i used the same four revo did.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                        He will probably throw a one hitter, have 10Ks and get the win. This is the first or second time in my many years of playing fantasy baseball that I am sitting a starting pitcher.
                        7 innings, 6 hits, 3 walks, 1 run, 9 strikeouts. so far. not a one hitter, but pretty damn good. who woulda guessed?

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                          Hmmm...

Edinson Volquez bounced back from last week's shelling by the Rockies to limit the Braves to one run in seven innings in a victory Wednesday.
                          Volquez fanned nine batters, his high total since he struck out 10 against the Pirates last August. His next start will come against the Giants, a team he's handled pretty well the last two years (3.18 ERA in three starts). Still, he's a fringe NL-only pitcher at the moment

Comment

Originally posted by bryanbutler View Post
                            7 innings, 6 hits, 3 walks, 1 run, 9 strikeouts. so far. not a one hitter, but pretty damn good. who woulda guessed?
                            I guess that would be me.

Didn't see you had posted when I posted mine...I am very angry.

I also dropped Gee and did not have his last 3 starts.

Comment

Give me Jeff Francis vs. the Nats today in Coors

Comment

I'll take Esmil Rogers going in Arlington.
                                Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!

Comment

Working...
                                X