Aramis for Cuddyer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aramis for Cuddyer

12 team mixed non-keeper. 8x8 with additional categories being OPS, BB, and TB (total bases).

I was offered Aramis Ramirez for Cuddyer. I currently have Arenado at 3B.

Cuddyer has a .371 BABIP, so he should slow down. Also, he was on the DL earlier with a neck issue, so maybe that is a concern as well.

Aramis really excels in the extra categories. Among all hitters last year, he was 13th in TB and 16th in OPS. So his value is a bit higher than in a regular 5x5. But he has the knee problem.

1) How much will the knee injury impact Aramis' numbers and playing time?
    2) Has Cuddyer changed anything that would make his hot start sustainable?
    3) Would you trade Cuddyer for Aramis?
    Last edited by ; 06-07-2013, 07:48 PM.

ARam's knee does add risk, but it's not like Cuddyer's been the picture of health the last couple of years. At first glance, I'd do it, but who will replace Cuddyer in your lineup?
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
      ARam's knee does add risk, but it's not like Cuddyer's been the picture of health the last couple of years. At first glance, I'd do it, but who will replace Cuddyer in your lineup?
      To fill his spot, I would play the platoon match ups with guys like Murphy, Brantley, Overbay, Arenado, etc. until Crawford returns. Thanks for your help.
      Last edited by ; 06-07-2013, 09:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by red View Post
        To fill his spot, I would play the platoon match ups with guys like Murphy, Brantley, Overbay, Arenado, etc. until Crawford returns. Thanks for your help.
        Then I'd definitely do it. I like Murphy/Brantley a whole lot better than Arenado, and with Crawford coming back, I think you're way ahead with ARam/Crawford over Cuddyer/Arenado.
        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Ramirez is consistently a May-September monster. Enjoy him

Comment

Working...
          X