Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Verlander for the Atlanta Braves in a Dynasty Points League

16 team Dynasty Points League

Well, not the entire Braves but close enough. As a Braves fan I want to make sure I'm not mis-equating the players from the Braves here.

I've been offered the following:
    Craig Kimbrel (216)
    Kris Medlen (57)
    Andrelton Simmons (145.5)

for

Verlander (253.25)
    David DeJesus (138)
    1st Round Minor League pick.

The numbers in parenthesis are what the players have scored to date in this league this season and their 3 year average.

Medlen's numbers are low because of tough luck losses. If he had just 4 more wins and 4 fewer losses it'd be a 60 point swing by itself. I feel like he'll get a better and his numbers should balance out a bit. I don't think he's as good as he was in the second half of last year, but I do think he's better than this.

I'm currently running out Pete Kozma at SS, so that would be an upgrade and Kimbrel is obviously an elite reliever.

My rotation if I did this deal would become:
    Greinke
    Cain
    Shields
    CJ Wilson
    Medlen
    Arroyo

Which I think is still pretty good in a points league that values SPs so highly. Nonetheless, trading Verlander in a format where when he is at his best he is king is tough.

Thoughts?

I think this is one of those questions on how do we get our enjoyment playing this game. Is it important (in this league) to your enjoyment to have Braves on your team. If it is, then by all means do it. If winning is important I would shop it around. It is not a terrible offer. I am thinking you could do better to help your needs elsewhere.

Maybe the 1st round pick sways my opinion depending on who you could pick with it.

Comment

The Pick would be one of the guys from last nights draft. We have 30 man prospect benches on a 16 team league and we can pick up prospects during the season via waivers, so this draft is essentially to pick the new guys.

The 10th best player in a pretty weak draft.

Comment

If you had 1-3 pick it could make a difference. #10, I start the shopping.

Comment

Anyone else?

Comment

I'm on the "it depends" - who replaces DeJesus? If your drop in the OF offsets the benefit from Kozma to Simmons, no way do I do the deal. If you have a 125ish point interchangeable part for DeJesus, and Kimbrel's a major upgrade, then I'd go for it.
            I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Working...
            X