Time to Give up on Starlin?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time to Give up on Starlin?

I have him in my 9 team mixed (I know, pathetically shallow; but it's easy money). I'm currently in first place but he's easily my worst hitter this year. Would you dump him for Ian Desmond? He's just as streaky so that makes me nervous. Other options are guys like Erik Aybar or Yunel Escobar. Another option would be to dump Cishek (as I have Reed, Holland, Jannsen and League for closers, I'm 3rd in saves and a 14 save lead on 4th place) and bench Castro.

What do you guys think?
    I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

That shallow a league, I would absolutely dump him for Desmond.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
      That shallow a league, I would absolutely dump him for Desmond.
      I agree with this.

Comment

generally agree, but it has to be better to cut Cishek than Castro to pick up Desmond.
        In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

funny that SCastro is one week younger than New Kid on the Block Segura.
          but he doesn't seem to have it together this year, for whatever reason
          finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
          own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
          won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
          RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
          C Stallings 2, Casali 1
          1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
          OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by mjl View Post
            generally agree, but it has to be better to cut Cishek than Castro to pick up Desmond.
            That was my thought too. Cishek has 1 save in the last 30 days. He's rather useless in this shallow of a league. I drafted him way late in the draft, well after people over reached for the real closers. But he hasn't exactly panned out. Plus we have two UT spots (though no MI position) so having two SS isn't that bad.

Thanks for the help guys.
            I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
              funny that SCastro is one week younger than New Kid on the Block Segura.
              but he doesn't seem to have it together this year, for whatever reason
              Because (as I have said in the past) Castro just isn't that good. Mostly because of his head. The Cubs should trade him before he is too exposed to get anything. Can he be solid? Yes, but just not the superstar he is being made out to be.

I want the Cubs to trade him for Stanton. I have not heard any rumors, I would just really like it.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                Because (as I have said in the past) Castro just isn't that good. Mostly because of his head. The Cubs should trade him before he is too exposed to get anything. Can he be solid? Yes, but just not the superstar he is being made out to be.

I want the Cubs to trade him for Stanton. I have not heard any rumors, I would just really like it.
                I'd like the Braves to trade Luis Avillan for Stanton, but that isn't going to happen either.

Comment

Great, great BP article on Castro the other day: http://www.baseballprospectus.com/ar...rticleid=20899

The gist of it is, he is actually a pretty disciplined hitter with 0 strikes, he's OK with 1 strike, but he's a complete hacker with 2 strikes, even more so than all the other "hackers" like Adam Jones and Alexei Ramirez. Whether or not the Cubs can fix that is a fair question.

Comment

Working...
                  X