2013 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2013 Draft

Can't believe there's no thread for this yet. Anyone recognize KS in the Astro's war room?

ETA: Does Selig ever speak without screwing up? "First selection in the 2000 First Year Player Draft..." Way to screw up Mark Appel's sound bite for all eternity Bud.
    Some people say winning isn't everything. I say those people never won anything.

Quitters never win, winners never quit, but those who never win AND never quit are idiots.

The last thing I want to do is hurt you...but it's still on the list.

Some people are like Slinkies, they are not really good for anything but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

"...relentless inevitability of Yankee glory." - The Onion

Guy in our league who drafted Mark Appel last yr when Pirates picked him (he didn't sign) would have kept his rights as long as he went to an NL team.

Almost.... Astros took him first overall.
    finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
    own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
    RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
    OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

I took Appel with my last minor league pick in my AL only league. Big sigh of relief for me...until Harold Reynolds says he will be up in July. Settle down Harold!
      Its not what you've got. Its what you give.
      Its not the life you choose. Its the life you live--TESLA

Princess Kate-Kate Marie Hrischuk 9/12/00-1/27/07

Comment

Royals with a HUGE reach. Rumor has it the Mets have a pre-draft deal in place with the Sheboygan, WI beer league MVP.

Comment

Originally posted by Roto Rooter View Post
          Royals with a HUGE reach. Rumor has it the Mets have a pre-draft deal in place with the Sheboygan, WI beer league MVP.
          Yeah, they screwed themselves and me. I had Meadows in my AL-Only league, can't believe Red Sox didn't take Meadows either. Mayo says Royals did it for $ pool reasons later.
          Some people say winning isn't everything. I say those people never won anything.

Quitters never win, winners never quit, but those who never win AND never quit are idiots.

The last thing I want to do is hurt you...but it's still on the list.

Some people are like Slinkies, they are not really good for anything but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

"...relentless inevitability of Yankee glory." - The Onion

Comment

That is one of the tougher beer leagues in the state.

Comment

The guys on phuturephillies were all really hoping that Smith would fall to them. They seem to like the pick at least.
              I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

I'll have the 3rd or 4th pick in our one-round NL-only farm draft next week.

The top NL picks are:

2. Chicago Cubs: 3B Kris Bryant

3. Colorado Rockies: RHP Jonathan Gray

6. Miami Marlins: 3B Colin Moran

9. Pittsburgh Pirates: OF Austin Meadows

11. New York Mets: 1B Dominic Smith

13. San Diego Padres: OF Hunter Renfroe

Bryant figures to be picked 1st or 2nd
                A Met lover has the 1st pick, could go that route
                Should I go Gray if I can? 5-S2 until he loses rookie status, like all of our farmhands

Or I like Meadows. But I already own GPolanco and Josh Bell, two OTHER highly-regarded Pirates OF farmhands. Would it be dumb to grab a 3rd, when they may stick with McCutchen and Marte for years?

C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17

Comment

good one

Tim Williams ‏@timwilliamsP2 57m

With the sixth pick in the draft, the Miami Marlins select Cash Considerations.

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

Working...
                  X