Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which of these studs to trade my future for?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which of these studs to trade my future for?

I'm in the 1st-2nd-3rd bunch in my 10-team AL and am thinking about unloading some of my prospects to one of the cellar-dwelling teams to try to get a few more studs. I'd be trading guys like:

Parker $1 B
    Olt $7 A
    Rondon $8 A
    Arcia $2 A
    Springer $3 A

I'd be looking at getting some combo of:

Cano
    Longoria
    Sabathia
    C Santana
    Papi
    Trumbo

Who do you like from the former group for me to part with, and who do you like most from the latter group to perform well for the rest of 2013? Obviously Cano and Longo are studs. Is Papi going to wear down or can he keep this up all season?

Definitely Rondon, who is not being handed the closer job in the foreseeable future, and Olt, who is just not hitting and may not get an opportunity in Texas. Who's Parker? Jarrod?

Comment

Yep, Jarrod Parker. My likely trade partner wants him plus some other keeper types in order to convince him to unload some studs and essentially play for next year.

Comment

Don't know how many you can get (2 of yours for 1 of his or would that bring you 2 of his?) but I would deal Olt/Rondon and target Cano/Ortiz/Longoria if you have a spot for Ortiz. That DH thing ties up some rosters. I wouldn't worry too much about Cano if you are just looking at this year. By the time MLB decides and the union appeals I think the suspensions, if they come, will all be next year.

Comment

Working...
        X