Opinions on these three NL-only 5x5 deals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opinions on these three NL-only 5x5 deals

Three offers on the table in my 10-team, NL-only, 5x5, 10 keeper league (no $$ involved):

--Hamels for Headley

--Zimmerman for S. Castro

--My M. Carpenter, Scutaro for Crawford, Kolten Wong and Zito

I own the pitchers. Thoughts/Opinions?

My squad: Cs--M. Montero, McHenry; 1B/3B/CI--M. Carpenter, Sandoval, M. Young; 2B/SS/MI--Weeks, Scutaro, Barney; OFs--Stanton (DL), Holiday, Revere, Ross, Van Slyke, Dejesus; UT--Valdespin; Ps--Hamels, Zimmerman, Cueto (DL), Nolasco, Wood, Detwiler (DL), Capuano (DL), Chisek, Kimbrel.

Are you trying to get better for future years or this year?

Not a big fan of any of these deals. In particular, S. Castro hasn't seemed to improved much in the last few years., and I like M.Carpenter's future more than the three guys you'd be getting in that deal. Zimmerman is 27, Hamels 29, so they should have a lot of good yearsas left.

Assuming you are looking at future years, I think I'd look to package a few of the older guys on your team, Holliday and Scutaro and M. Young, for somebody.

Comment

The only one somewhat interesting is the Hamels deal. I will admit I don't have Headley in any league so I don't know how he is doing. Last year I was a non-believer and sold high on him but he just kept hitting.

Comment

I don't like your end of any of these deals, but your needs/standings might have more bearing
        "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

HQ projections for rest of year listed

Hamels 24 for Headley 22 (I own both, which is why I'm in 9th place, and don't buy those numbers. Headley in a massive slump, Hamels 2-9)

JZimmermann 22 for S. Castro 22 (I got Bumgarner for Castro in mid-April, a deal that has hurt both of us)

M. Carpenter 16, Scutaro 15 for Crawford 20, Kolten Wong and Zito -4

not sure why Zito is in the deal

I wouldn't give up SP Zimm for Castro, not sure on the first one as they both killed me.
          Last edited by Judge Jude; 06-06-2013, 09:21 PM.
          finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
          own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
          won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
          RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
          C Stallings 2, Casali 1
          1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
          OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Given your lineup, I don't trade Hamels for Headley. There's no way, even if I consumed 8 tequila sunrises, that I'd deal Matt Carpenter for that pile of junk. With your MIs, I'd certainly consider JZim for Starlin Castro, but I don't see how you can given your list of DLd pitchers.
            I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

**UPDATE**

Zimmerman still on the table, though I have soured on Castro. Since it's a keeper league, have interest in Rendon (who he says he won't deal), Yelich and, to a lesser extent, M. Ozuna. Is asking for Castro, Yelich too much?

Pulled out of the M. Carp., Scutaro discussions, although owner did throw in a No. 1 minor league pick.

Hamels-Headley deal also DOA.

Comment

Working...
              X