Trade help: Heyward or Puig

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trade help: Heyward or Puig

Wanting some help from my fellow Junkies!

Mixed 10 teamer (plays like 12 due to slightly expanded rosters) head 2 head, 7 x 7 categories (standard plus hits, and OPS).

I am currently in a tie for second. Just traded Dominic Brown for Matt Cain. Had to make a move as Yasiel Puig had to be added or dropped because he was being promoted and I thought Strasburg was going to be headed to the DL.

We start 4 OF and my starters were and are: Jay Bruces, Yoenis Cespedes, Alexis Rios, and Carlos Gomez. Brown was being used in my Utility spot primarily and was being rotated (up until the last couple weeks with Paul Konerko). This week I also dropped Konerko and picked up a recently waived Chase Headley to back up Aramis Ramierez at 3rd. I have Billy Butler, backed up by Adam LaRoche at first.

I am almost always a by low guy because time has proved to me that with experienced players they almost always perform back toward the mean (as long as they aren't on the backside of their careers, or injured). This theory has already paid dividends this year with acquisitions of Bruce, and LaRoche.

So all of this is background should I accept the offer of Jason Heyward for Yasiel Puig?
    Jason Heyward
    0%
    Yasiel Puig
    0%

The poll is expired.

Comparing a Fantasy Baseball Draft to an Auction is like comparing Checkers to Chess!!!

in a redraft, I'd easily do that trade. Puig could be back in AAA in 2 weeks, so mitigate the risk.

And, BTW, Domonic Brown for Matt Cain? I just traded for Cain as well, but no way would I have given up Brown, especially in a league as lean as a 10-teamer, where Cain is probably not startable until he turns it around.

Comment

Ed,

You may very well be right on the Brown/Cain deal, it's definitely a gamble.

The main reasons I traded Brown:

Zero walks in the month of may (so obviously his BB% was down) his K% also went up during the month. His swinging at strike % went up over 10% (from around league average to abnormally high). I truly believe pitchers are going to adjust and Brown albiet a solid OF his numbers will adjust dramatically (I know no duh lol!)

I like Brown and thats why I drafted him, but his value will never be higher, and there is obviously signs of a regression coming.
      Comparing a Fantasy Baseball Draft to an Auction is like comparing Checkers to Chess!!!

Comment

take the gamble on heyward

Comment

Is this a keeper league, and if it is, what are the contracts of each player? If contract status is irrelevent, I'd take Heyward

Comment

While Puig is exciting LA will still have to move Ethier or Puig will be in the minors. I don't know if ownership will be willing to eat that contract and I doubt any other team touches Ethier unless they are getting 90% of the contract paid.

Comment

Originally posted by james33 View Post
              Is this a keeper league, and if it is, what are the contracts of each player? If contract status is irrelevent, I'd take Heyward
              ReDraft

Comment

You guys have all reinforced what I was initially thinking, thanks.

Comment

Working...
                X