Am I getting enough in this deal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am I getting enough in this deal?

Rebuilding my team after disastrous first half in my 10-team, NL-only, 5x5, straight-draft (no $$) league. Contemplating a deal in which I trade J. Zimmerman and C. Kimbrel for a package that includes S. Castro, Rendon and C. Yelich. Figure Rendon and Yelich can be future cornerstones.

Not sure I'm getting enough in the deal, since I'd be trading the two best players IMO.

Thoughts?

Here's my squad--Cs--Montero, McHenry; 1B/3B/CI--Carpenter, Sandoval, M. Young; 2B/SS/MI--Weeks, Scutaro, Barney; OFs--Holiday, Stanton (DL), Revere, Ross, DeJesus, Van Slyke; UT--Valdespin; Ps--Hamels, J. Zimm, Cueto (back on the DL), Nolasco, Woods, Detwiler (DL; back Sat?), Capuano (DL), Chisek and Kimbrel.

I believe the two easiest positions to find in an only league are SP and Closer but to give much more input I'd need to know how many keepers you get?
    Comparing a Fantasy Baseball Draft to an Auction is like comparing Checkers to Chess!!!

Comment

10 keepers.

Comment

Is this a dynasty? Can you keep guys forever? I'm used to a league with contracts, and that looks like a great return, if your guys were on expiring contracts. But if this is a dynasty, and you can keep Zimmerman and Kimbrel as long as you like, you are giving two great young arms in this deal, so it isn't an ideal dump deal to me. I'd much prefer to trade a duo like Grilli and Cliff Lee, who don't have a lot of great years ahead of them, for a trio of unproven talent. If you are giving young keepers, you better be sure the trio you are getting are a clear and significant upgrade for you long term. I like Yelich a good deal, and Castro is good. I still worry about Rendon's ability to stay healthy and field a valuable position. Maybe if you swapped him out for a better/more proven piece it would be worth it.

Comment

The Nats have shown an interest in playing Rendon at 2nd, but my eyes tell me Zimmerman's arm is going to get him moved across the diamond. If Rendon was going to be at 2nd long term I'd like him more as his bat profiles better there obviously.
          Comparing a Fantasy Baseball Draft to an Auction is like comparing Checkers to Chess!!!

Comment

I don't think the Nats risk playing Rendon at 2b long term. It is probably the worst position for his frail ankles. Best case seems 3b. I didn't know Zimmerman's defense was fading, so I worried that worst case, Rendon ends up at 1b when Laroche is gone. Rendon's lack of power at either corner is a concern, but especially at 1b.
            Last edited by Sour Masher; 06-05-2013, 06:36 PM.

Comment

Due to Zimmerman's shoulder issues he has significant trouble throwing the ball across the diamond. It's actually pretty scary looking.

Comment

Working...
              X