Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chris Perez not only blowing saves

Link says page does not exist
    Its not what you've got. Its what you give.
    Its not the life you choose. Its the life you live--TESLA

Princess Kate-Kate Marie Hrischuk 9/12/00-1/27/07

Comment

busted for drug arrest in Rocky River last night

Comment

from the story

Cleveland Indians All-Star closer Chris Perez is being investigated for what has been classified as a multi-unit investigation regarding the shipment of controlled narcotics.On June 4, Rocky River, Ohio police department was a part of a multi-jurisdictional operation of the web narcotics unit and the United States postal service. Controlled narcotics were allegedly shipped to a Rocky River address said to be owned by Perez.Reports say that Perez received a “significant amount” of marijuana through US mail. The matter, per the police, is still under investigation. No arrest has been made and no formal charges have been filed. The Rocky River police department is scheduled to hold a press conference on the matter at 12 p.m.“Earlier this morning we were made aware of a situation involving Chris Perez that occurred yesterday in Rocky River,” said Indians general manager Chris Antonetti. “We have talked with Chris and are currently in the process of gathering additional information.”

Comment

Based on the thread title I was thinking he might have been arrested for another kind of "blow".

Comment

Shaping up to be a good week for baseball.
            Some people say winning isn't everything. I say those people never won anything.

Quitters never win, winners never quit, but those who never win AND never quit are idiots.

The last thing I want to do is hurt you...but it's still on the list.

Some people are like Slinkies, they are not really good for anything but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

"...relentless inevitability of Yankee glory." - The Onion

Comment

Damn, Stephen beat me to the punch. Thought it was going to be a Kaz Tadano type story

Comment

Sooo, who closes in Cleveland now? Pestano? He's been ineffective since his return from injury.

Comment

Perez used the regular mail? Hello federal crime.

Should've gone with UPS.
                  "I love my fed-ex guy cause he's a drug dealer and he doesn't even know it...and he's always on time." - Mitch Hedberg
                  people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

Originally posted by griswold View Post
                    Sooo, who closes in Cleveland now? Pestano? He's been ineffective since his return from injury.
                    They seem committed to Pestano for the time being. When he is right, he is an excellent option. I am holding on to Cody Allen, because he seems to be the best arm in that pen right now, but we all know that the best bullpen arm is often not the guy who ends up closing.

Comment

Originally posted by Controller Jacobs View Post
                      Perez used the regular mail? Hello federal crime.

Should've gone with UPS.
                      "I love my fed-ex guy cause he's a drug dealer and he doesn't even know it...and he's always on time." - Mitch Hedberg
                      Possession of controlled substances is a federal crime in and of itself. The Fourth Amendment issues, however, tend to go away when you put the drugs in the custody of the federal government through the USPS.

Comment

Perez played baseball for the University of Miami. Maybe he'll claim that the shipment was supposed to be perfectly legal steroids

Comment

Now they are saying the package may have been for the previous tenant. Apparently the house he rents has a history.....
                          Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!

Comment

Originally posted by Grinch View Post
                            Now they are saying the package may have been for the previous tenant. Apparently the house he rents has a history.....
                            Interesting claim - I hadn't realized drugs through the mail include "Or Current Resident" on the mailing label

Comment

should have addressed it to "Bud Greene"
                              "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Working...
                              X