Looks like the Biogenesis suspensions are coming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looks like the Biogenesis suspensions are coming

I hope you Braun owners aren't in a tight race.

@Buccigross: Outside the Lines has learned that MLB is preparing to suspend Alex Rodriguez, Ryan Braun and others connected to Biogenesis

Shit's about to get crazy in MLB if so. Honestly, all this does is smear the product on the field at this point, and my guess is that this is going to get ugly. I'm not saying steroids are okay, but Selig sure is dragging up a lot of mud just to have his way on this.

Comment

Who of active players (who actually matter -- no, no, sorry, not you ARod) might this affect? Gio? Nelson Cruz?....

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/mlb/ne ... &eref=sihp

"Among those implicated are New York Yankees third baseman Alex Rodriguez, outfielder Melky Cabrera of the Toronto Blue Jays, Washington pitcher Gio Gonzalez, Oakland pitcher Bartolo Colon, Texas outfielder Nelson Cruz and San Diego catcher Yasmani Grandal. Most have denied the Biogenesis link, although Rodriguez has admitted using performance-enhancing drugs earlier in his career and Colon, Cabrera and Grandal were each suspended for 50 games last year for testing positive for elevated testosterone levels."
      12-team mixed keeper. 6x6 (OBP, QS the extra categories).

C- J.McCann
      1B-Cron
      2B- Villar
      SS- Andrus
      3B-Baez
      MI-L. Gurriel
      CI- Y.Gurriel
      OF- Blackmon, Judge, Betts, Dom.Santana
      UTIL- Benintendi
      BENCH: Pence, Dyson
      SP: Verlander, Scherzer, M. Boyd, JA Happ, Ponce de Leon
      RP: Yates, Greene, C.Martinez, Oberg, Bummer, N.Anderson
      IL: Buxton

Comment

Originally posted by Msaint View Post
        Who of active players (who actually matter -- no, no, sorry, not you ARod) might this affect? Gio? Nelson Cruz?....

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/mlb/ne ... &eref=sihp

"Among those implicated are New York Yankees third baseman Alex Rodriguez, outfielder Melky Cabrera of the Toronto Blue Jays, Washington pitcher Gio Gonzalez, Oakland pitcher Bartolo Colon, Texas outfielder Nelson Cruz and San Diego catcher Yasmani Grandal. Most have denied the Biogenesis link, although Rodriguez has admitted using performance-enhancing drugs earlier in his career and Colon, Cabrera and Grandal were each suspended for 50 games last year for testing positive for elevated testosterone levels."
        This has to be the end of A-Rod's career no?

Comment

Isn't Cano one of the names that has also come up?

Comment

I thought Braun only used the clinic as some sort of expert witness to help defend himself from the other charge last year. This is about to be just stupid, and every single pundit in this industry said "dont worry about Braun getting suspended, it will never happen"

Comment

As Braun showed, there's a LONG way to go before anyone is actually suspended for anything. The Union will fight, and likely win, any suspensions that are brought about without a failed test. And since MLB didn't do any testing that we're aware of, all they have is the testimony of an alleged Doctor from a very shady clinic. I'd be surprised if this ends up going anywhere...
              "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
              - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
              -Warren Ellis

Comment

from the ESPN article:

"One source familiar with the case said the commissioner's office might seek 100-game suspensions for Rodriguez, Braun and other players, the penalty for a second doping offense. The argument, the source said, is the players' connection to Bosch constitutes one offense, and previous statements to MLB officials denying any such connection or the use of PEDs constitutes another."

That's some bullshit right there.
                In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Would it be wrong for me to hope that 2 of the secret names are Goldschmidt and DomBrown, given that they have given our league leader a 15-pt lead?
                  finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                  own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                  won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                  RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                  C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                  1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                  OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Could not a player like Melky or Grandal simply say that their previous positive test stems from their time at Biogenesis? Could then be suspended twice for the same offense?

Comment

Would it be wrong for me to hope that 2 of the secret names are Goldschmidt and DomBrown, given that they have given our league leader a 15-pt lead?

C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                      1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17

Comment

If I lose Braun for the rest of the year, I'm in a very tough place. I hope it doesn't go down like that. All these guys are probably guilty, but I was banking on the fact that MLB couldn't pop them based on names in a ledger and hearsay from a guy with motivation to squeal. I think this sets a dangerous precedent, and not just because I will be burnt if the league is successful in suspending all these players.

Comment

from Bob Klapisch

@BobKlap: Told there are "other major, major names" involved in the Biogensis scandal besides A-Rod and Braun.

if you're not sure if you're a buyer or a seller, maybe wait a couple of days til the dust settles...

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                            If I lose Braun for the rest of the year, I'm in a very tough place. I hope it doesn't go down like that. All these guys are probably guilty, but I was banking on the fact that MLB couldn't pop them based on names in a ledger and hearsay from a guy with motivation to squeal. I think this sets a dangerous precedent, and not just because I will be burnt if the league is successful in suspending all these players.
                            This might not be hearsay. It certainly sounds as if the guy will testify as to what he personally did and observed. As to whether or not his testimony is credible that is another story.

Comment

Originally posted by mgwiz22 View Post
                              This might not be hearsay. It certainly sounds as if the guy will testify as to what he personally did and observed. As to whether or not his testimony is credible that is another story.
                              Well, I always assumed this guy was in charge, but not someone actually seeing the drugs go into the players, or even someone who directly sells to said players. But I'm reading that there may be other employees cooperating as well, so, yeah, they may have eye witnesses, on top of documents, which would be enough. All of these suspensions will have big impacts on roto and fantasy. If this gets as big as some are reporting, I cannot think of anything like it.

Comment

Working...
                              X