Flags Fly Forever

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flags Fly Forever

In 1st place in my 10 tm AL League but just dealt away Olt, Schoop, Bundy, & a $10 Loney for final years of Beltre & A-Jax. I had a comfortable lead in NL league last year and watched it slip away so I decided to be more proactive this time around

Crazy how dump trades work in different leagues. In my 10-team AL-only you could've gotten Beltre, AJax and probably more just for Bundy.

Comment

FFF baby, FFF....
      "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Originally posted by overkill94 View Post
        Crazy how dump trades work in different leagues. In my 10-team AL-only you could've gotten Beltre, AJax and probably more just for Bundy.
        Given his current health, I'd have voted to veto that one right now....though certainly in general agree there are huge variations in how dumping works across leagues. Sometimes frustratingly so...

Comment

Him being hurt, even though he got a good review from Dr. Andrews today, still really hurts his overall value. Had he been doing what Gausman did in the minors this season, then I agree with you.

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
            Him being hurt, even though he got a good review from Dr. Andrews today, still really hurts his overall value. Had he been doing what Gausman did in the minors this season, then I agree with you.
            Even though you gave up four for two, I see that you moved: (1) a talented but injured young pitcher; (2) a guy who may never be more than AAAA; (3) a decent, but not great, prospect second baseman with a broken back; and (4) James Loney, for two good players. I call that a win.

Comment

Our last place team traded me Granderson and Kelly Johnson for Sano (plus three years) and Oswaldo Arcia (plus two years). Sano has the distinction of being the last player drafted in 2012.

J
              Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

This was my thought too when I heard the details from Jason on the podcast. I play in 12-team AL and NLs and perhaps the extra 2 teams makes rosters more diluted and prospect lottery chips more valuable but certainly my league economics are a bit different. I think this is pretty close to fair value though but might have thought he could have received 1 more upgrade in addition to Beltre and Jackson. Schoop wasn't in the initial deal it sounds like and agree I wouldn't have let him stand in the way either so really depends on the other owner's position and whether Jason had any leverage (e.g. other dumping owners with comparable talent).

Comment

Working...
                X