Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trade Salty for SP?

I am last in Ks.

I asked for Griffin. He offered Porcello, Colon and a bunch of other scrubs. Corporan would replace Salty in my lineup.

Are Porcello or Colon worth getting for this year only?

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
    Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
    Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

This article includes some nice info on why Porcello might be a legit buy: link
    people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

Yeah, Porcello has been great recently, with something like 35 Ks and 6 BBs in his last 36 IP, which is very unPorcello-like. Colon has also been off the hook.

That said, Corporan is a bottom of the barrel option at catcher who only plays sporadically. You sure you really want to go with him as your starter?

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
        Yeah, Porcello has been great recently, with something like 35 Ks and 6 BBs in his last 36 IP, which is very unPorcello-like. Colon has also been off the hook.

That said, Corporan is a bottom of the barrel option at catcher who only plays sporadically. You sure you really want to go with him as your starter?
        He's batting .300 wth 4 HR. Salty has 5. I don't love it, but you have to give to get, and no one is interested in trading me a stud SP for Longoria or Beltre. Jaso is my other catcher (start 2) - roster in sig.

Here's the full list. I'm pretty sure Griffin, Porcello and Colon are the only guys worth a sniff.

Bartolo Colon SP OAK
        A.J. Griffin SP OAK
        Tommy Hanson SP LAA
        Ubaldo Jimenez SP CLE
        Zach McAllister SP CLE
        Rick Porcello SP DET
        Garrett Richards RP LAA

Comment

I recall a bad trade offers thread but can't find it. Anyone?

In the last week I've been offered:
          Griffin for my Beltre/Longoria; Reply: I need a stud SP. Or two Griffins.
          Tex for Beltre; reply: This is brutal.
          Zobrist for Dickey (no response)

Comment

What's wrong with Zobrist for Dickey?

Comment

On the surface, Zobrist for Dickey isn't a bad offer, but if I'm reading you right, you're looking to upgrade pitching instead of trading one of your good SPs. On that list you gave, if you can get Tommy Hanson on the cheap, he is worth a try, IMO. A lot of arm risk there, but it appears he's got his head together now. I'd not give up Salty for him, but I'd ask what it might take to get Hanson.
              I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                What's wrong with Zobrist for Dickey?
                First, I don't think it's enough. Zobrist has 3 HR and 4 SB to go to go with a .249 AVG. Second, Dickey is my ace and the league has known for weeks that I'm seeking SP.

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                On the surface, Zobrist for Dickey isn't a bad offer, but if I'm reading you right, you're looking to upgrade pitching instead of trading one of your good SPs. On that list you gave, if you can get Tommy Hanson on the cheap, he is worth a try, IMO. A lot of arm risk there, but it appears he's got his head together now. I'd not give up Salty for him, but I'd ask what it might take to get Hanson.
                I'll put a feeler out.

Comment

Working...
                X