No announcement yet.

2k14: Yasiel Puig

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I read somewhere Puig uni tops come with a 30 Day return privilege?

Comment

Originally posted by Roto Rooter View Post
      Hi there

Comment

Originally posted by Roto Rooter View Post
        Hi there
        Really telling stats...I do believe that this is the 1st time in history that a player has had a couple of bad weeks in a row. Where are the real when I need them...these suck balls...
        "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
        - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
        -Warren Ellis

Comment

I'm sensing some Puig envy in this thread

Comment

Puig, 8 -17 in his last 4 games...average back up to .379.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

Given his low walk rate, I wonder if he is getting a higher percentage of his hits on pitches outside the strike zone relative to most players. If so, more power to him. If not, the league needs to stop throwing him strikes.

Comment

Originally posted by james33 View Post
                Given his low walk rate, I wonder if he is getting a higher percentage of his hits on pitches outside the strike zone relative to most players. If so, more power to him. If not, the league needs to stop throwing him strikes.
                The comp that I keep hearing from announcing teams is Vladdy...who was, of course, a notorious bad ball hitter. While I wouldn't put Puig in that category quite yet, he does seem to hit more than his share of bad pitches...and he hits them with authority.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
                  ...and the legend grows! I heart me some Puig.
                  I can understand it. Cappy looked as good as I've seen him all year today, too.
                  I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                    I can understand it. Cappy looked as good as I've seen him all year today, too.
                    Capuano did look good, but many lefties do that against the Reds. Sometimes I think the Reds' strategy against LHP is to let them do their thing for six innings, taking lots of pitches to run up the pitch count, then hope to break through against the bullpen.
                    Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
                    -- William James

Comment

one more update for 2013: Yasiel doing 110 mph in a 70 mph zone, in a Benz

finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                      own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                      won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                      RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                      C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                      1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                      OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
                        That's SO immature!
                        Throw him in jail!! Throw the book at him!! Give him 3 years!!!
                        Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

Originally posted by Pogues View Post
                          Throw him in jail!! Throw the book at him!! Give him 3 years!!!
                          I wouldn't be surprised, since I have him for up to three more years at $5 in one league.
                          Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
                          -- William James

Comment

So after an electric rookie season where he hit .319/.391/.534 with 19 HRs and 11 SBs in 382 ABs, Puig has an ADP of 22 (OF8). I'm a big Dodger fan, but this seems a little ludicrous to me. On XM Fantasy Radio, they were saying how he's starting to go late 1st round in many of these NFBC drafts now. I thought people got a little crazy with Bryce Harper last season, but this seems even crazier.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                              So after an electric rookie season where he hit .319/.391/.534 with 19 HRs and 11 SBs in 382 ABs, Puig has an ADP of 22 (OF8). I'm a big Dodger fan, but this seems a little ludicrous to me. On XM Fantasy Radio, they were saying how he's starting to go late 1st round in many of these NFBC drafts now. I thought people got a little crazy with Bryce Harper last season, but this seems even crazier.
                              Out in Arizona last fall we did an NFBC draft at the AFL symposium and he went 33rd overall. Seems high but how many 30/30 (or I guess 30/20) potential guys are out there?
                              I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
                                Out in Arizona last fall we did an NFBC draft at the AFL symposium and he went 33rd overall. Seems high but how many 30/30 (or I guess 30/20) potential guys are out there?
                                You're right, but he doesn't even have a full season of pro baseball to go by. And just 380 MLB at-bats. Seems like a very small sample size to risk such a high pick on.

Comment

Working...
                                X