Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many HR will Chris Davis hit in 2013?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many HR will Chris Davis hit in 2013?

Does he keep up this incredible pace?
    60+
    0%
    50-59
    0%
    40-49
    0%
    30-39
    0%
    Under 30
    0%

this pace is nuts

looked it up last night, he's now 10th in XBH over the last calendar year. Miggy still leads by a bit

Comment

I was at the game on Sunday here in Toronto & got to see him up close - in his first AB he basically flicked his wrists & hit a ground rule double in the gap. He's a monster.

However, with JJ Hardy hitting behind him he was intentionally walked 3 times. that's gonna become a pattern & cut into his productivity going forward. Plus it will be interesting to see how he adjusts to the inevitable pitcher adjustments that are coming.

Having said all that ... the fact that he has already gone through the up & downs between the majors & AAA bodes well for his ability to make those adjustments. I voted in the 50's.
      It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post

However, with JJ Hardy hitting behind him he was intentionally walked 3 times. that's gonna become a pattern & cut into his productivity going forward.
        the assumption is that wieters gets over his struggles and will hit behind davis, which is better than hardy. what i'd actually rather see them do is move machado out of the 2 hole, move everybody up by one, and put machado behind davis. so, mclouth-markakis-jones-davis-machado-wieters...
        "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

Originally posted by bryanbutler View Post
          the assumption is that wieters gets over his struggles and will hit behind davis, which is better than hardy. what i'd actually rather see them do is move machado out of the 2 hole, move everybody up by one, and put machado behind davis. so, mclouth-markakis-jones-davis-machado-wieters...
          interesting - today with Markakis out of the lineup, Davis moves up to the 3 spot with Jones batting behind him (machado in the 2 slot).

as a result Davis is 2-4 with two ... singles ...
          It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Here is one bit that shows up from some cherrypicking: Davis in 1st 2 months of the season hit .356/.442/.749 with a 22% K rate, 13% BB rate while seeing 59% strikes.
            Davis since that point has hit .263/.323/.678 with a 36% K rate, a 5% BB rate, while seeing 63% strikes. His swing and miss rate has gone up 10 percentage points in that split; so the success to beating him is to throw him more strikes??!!

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
              Here is one bit that shows up from some cherrypicking: Davis in 1st 2 months of the season hit .356/.442/.749 with a 22% K rate, 13% BB rate while seeing 59% strikes.
              Davis since that point has hit .263/.323/.678 with a 36% K rate, a 5% BB rate, while seeing 63% strikes. His swing and miss rate has gone up 10 percentage points in that split; so the success to beating him is to throw him more strikes??!!
              I'm clear on all of your numbers except the "seeing strikes", which increased along with the K rate. My question is: if he swings at and misses a pitch out of the zone, is that considered seeing a strike? Because if it is, he pitchers may not be throwing him more strikes...he may just be making bad pitches into strikes.

Comment

The fact he's seeing more strikes but swinging and missing more often than he was when pitchers weren't throwing him strikes isn't good. The mixture of pitches they are throwing him isn't terribly different and the location of those pitches doesn't look much different either.

Comment

A friend of mine who watches a bit of Blue Jays baseball saw him and said he was on roids. Is it possible? probable? certain?

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
                  Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
                  Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
                    A friend of mine who watches a bit of Blue Jays baseball saw him and said he was on roids. Is it possible? probable? certain?
                    A friend of mine who watches a whole lot of Bruins hockey said there's no way he's on roids.

Comment

Originally posted by the splinter View Post
                      A friend of mine who watches a whole lot of Bruins hockey said there's no way he's on roids.
                      Coffee clean up keyboard 3.

Comment

46 and counting. Looks like he'll limp his way to 50+.
                        Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

Full disclosure here. I just voted tonight for 50-59 so i could view the poll results.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

More full disclosure. I was way off, which is good for him, the Orioles, and those who live to throw out unsubstantiated steroids charges.
                            Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
                            -- William James

Comment

Working...
                            X