No announcement yet.

What fantasy baseball boils down to....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What fantasy baseball boils down to....

It's a guessing game, that's what fantasy baseball is...whoever guesses best on the most players wins the championship...
    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

yawn....
    After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Comment

Wow, then many of us on this board are great guessers, and many players in the leagues we're in are crappy guessers! Go figure!

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
          Wow, then many of us on this board are great guessers, and many players in the leagues we're in are crappy guessers! Go figure!
          I have won my league (with madducks and Mag7) 3 times in the last 9 years...including last year. I claim no more knowledge than anyone...I made some good choices, but got a lot of luck too (Trout and Medlen last year).

I suppose many of you knew Corbin would have 4 times as many wins as Hamels and Medlen combined

If you guys are such so skilled, how many titles have you won? Just curious.
          "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
            If you guys are such so skilled, how many titles have you won? Just curious.
            My main 16-team redraft league: 6 times in 15 years, with another 6 finishes in the money
            Hammer's 16-tm HTH redraft league: 2x in 9 years, with another 3 finishes in the money
            RJEL: 18-tm keeper: 0 wins, but in the money 3x in 6 years, and leading this year and the 3-yr standings. And I'm an anti-dumper, so I'm usually behind the 8-ball every year (and this year was no exception).

And all these leagues are full of RJers.

Comment

The Mith trolling continues.....
              After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

It's a guessing game, that's what fantasy baseball is...whoever guesses best on the most players wins the championship...
                Hmm...next year join a league and do no homework, read nothing, and guess. See how that works out.

Comment

It's amazing how often Lee, Lifeson and Peart guess correctly on which notes to play.
                  Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                  We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Nate Silver is the God of Guessing!

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                      Hmm...next year join a league and do no homework, read nothing, and guess. See how that works out.
                      Where did i say to do no homework? I said whoever guesses best wins.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                        My main 16-team redraft league: 6 times in 15 years, with another 6 finishes in the money
                        Hammer's 16-tm HTH redraft league: 2x in 9 years, with another 3 finishes in the money
                        RJEL: 18-tm keeper: 0 wins, but in the money 3x in 6 years, and leading this year and the 3-yr standings. And I'm an anti-dumper, so I'm usually behind the 8-ball every year (and this year was no exception).

And all these leagues are full of RJers.
                        My league has had 7 different winners in the last 9 years so it is pretty competitive. I was wrong in my original post as i have won 3 times in the last 11 years, not 9. I have finished in the money at least 75% of the time. But i win because i guess right. I have no idea how any particular player will perform and neither does anyone else. Oh sure they can use sabermetrics out the wazoo to predict how a player will perform, but again, that's just an educated guess.

Comment

but again, that's just an educated guess.
                          dude, I don't know what you're expecting out of fantasy baseball, but life is just a series of educated guesses, and all you can do is maximize your education and minimize your risk exposure.

also, revo got a fucking steal in the guilty pleasures draft.
                          In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Originally posted by mjl View Post
                            dude, I don't know what you're expecting out of fantasy baseball, but life is just a series of educated guesses, and all you can do is maximize your education and minimize your risk exposure.

also, revo got a fucking steal in the guilty pleasures draft.

Dude!!! that's a great statement....

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
                              Nate Silver is the God of Guessing!
                              I would have said Warren Buffet.

Where did i say to do no homework? I said whoever guesses best wins.
                              Whoever guesses least wins.

J
                              Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Working...
                              X