Hellickson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hellickson

Someone in my AL only dropped Hellickson last week. Now he finally has a good start.

Is he back? Is he worth picking up/starting?

I have Jarrod Parker and Zack McAllister in my lineup at the moment, replacing Pettitte and Weaver.

Thoughts?

Depends on who you'd have to drop to get him. In an AL only, I'd say definately yes!
    I had Blanton and W.Davis dropped in mine. Actually thinking about claiming one of them.

Comment

I'd be looking at dropping Parker, McAllister, or Pettitte. My other starters are Iwakuma, Lester, and Moore. The other pitchers I have are closers.

I have Colby Lewis DL who I could cut.

Comment

Originally posted by Rush View Post
        I'd be looking at dropping Parker, McAllister, or Pettitte. My other starters are Iwakuma, Lester, and Moore. The other pitchers I have are closers.

I have Colby Lewis DL who I could cut.
        I'd drop Lewis to get Hellickson on because of the injury concern or maybe Parker, but he's starting to pitch a little better. I would definately get Hellickson

Can you help me with my post "Need advice on these 2 AL pitchers"

Comment

How do you not like McAllister in an AL only?

Comment

I'd rather have Hellickson than Parker

Comment

I do like McAllister, but he and Parker and Pettitte are my second tier guys so I threw his name in the mix vs. Hellickson

Comment

Originally posted by Rush View Post
                I do like McAllister, but he and Parker and Pettitte are my second tier guys so I threw his name in the mix vs. Hellickson
                I am a McAllister owner in a 12 team only league. No way would I trade him for Hellickson. I do not know if it means much but I am in first place and he is my 3rd best starter. I got him for a buck in the end game.

Comment

I picked up McAllister from the FA pool. He has been a good addition, especially with Weaver out.

Comment

If Hellickson cant even have a decent start vs Miami, why even roster him at this point?
                    "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

Cut him, everywhere.

His location comes and goes like the wind these days. Save the Toronto start, he's looked like absolute shit for weeks now, and it's mostly location related. He's leaking too many pitches up & over the plate.

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
                        Cut him, everywhere..
                        He's money in our total bases league!
                        "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Holy hell was I wrong about Hellickson this season. I bought him up for relatively cheap in most leagues and thought I'd gotten a steal (I was zagging while everyone else was zigging to Hells' "unsustainable" low BABIP). I cannot believe how awful he's been for me, though, especially from an ERA standpoint. What the hell?!

Comment

Originally posted by Bodhizefa View Post
                            Holy hell was I wrong about Hellickson this season. I bought him up for relatively cheap in most leagues and thought I'd gotten a steal (I was zagging while everyone else was zigging to Hells' "unsustainable" low BABIP). I cannot believe how awful he's been for me, though, especially from an ERA standpoint. What the hell?!
                            Sometimes zagging while everyone else is zigging is a brilliant play. Other times, everyone else is zigging because, well, it is the direction to go to avoid the cliff.

Comment

This isn't regression as much as location/sequencing. He's struggling mightily with the former right now.

Comment

Working...
                              X