Jeanmar Gomez's perilous two-start week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jeanmar Gomez's perilous two-start week

So he could get two wins and 10Ks for me next week, or he could get torched twice @DET and then home for CIN. Worth a shot in a 5x5 mixed league, or play it safe with Trevor Rosenthal?

I have him in two NL-Only leagues. I am going to bench him in one of them, but I might roll the dice in the league that I have a 2.80 team ERA. But only because I have Strasburg, Samardzija, Harvey and Travis Wood as my other starters.

In a mixed league, I think I would pass.

Comment

Only one way to be sure he does well:
      When deciding between activating or benching a pitcher remember that questionable players with two starts will always pitch well when on the bench. Conversely, they will get lit up like a Christmas tree if you activate them. If you have a batter going against your pitcher, he will either be benched or the only player in the lineup who takes an 0-fer
      from Grinch's postulate of lineup decisions
      Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!

Comment

I'd go with Rosenthal and avoid the headache

Comment

With Henderson and Fujikawa hitting the DL over the weekend, I ultimately had no choice but to go with both Gomez and Rosenthal. Hopefully Jeanmar gives me something good.

Comment

I'm hoping the same thing (but not counting on it).

Comment

Heck - I picked up Tyler Chatwood for tomorrow's start - so my opinion is useless

Comment

Wow. Despite a total lack of Ks, this guy is putting up some strong numbers!

Comment

Originally posted by Sharky View Post
                  Just overheard one of the Pittsburgh TV guys saying that Gomez started spring training as the Pirates #11 starting pitcher on the depth chart. I'd say he's made quite a bit of progress in two months.
                  “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by Sharky View Post
                    Of course, my biggest pitching needs were Ks and Ws, so he didn't help much in either department, but it's always nice to firm up my already outstanding ratios. (I got another everything-but-the-win performance last night from Kuroda.) My team ERA is now 2.79, with the second place team at 3.09.

Comment

Oh well, it was a fun ride while it lasted.

Rotoworld:

Jeanmar Gomez left Sunday's start against the Reds after one inning with right forearm tightness.
                      Gomez looked out of sorts in the first, allowing the first six to reach base while giving up four runs on four hits and a walk. He seems likely to be headed to the disabled list and was probably going to be replaced in the rotation next weekend by Charlie Morton, anyway.
                      Source: Bill Brink on Twitter
                      Jun 2 - 2:09 PM
                      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                      X