Profar or Bundy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Profar or Bundy?

Just received a trade offer where if get at $3 Dylan Bundy for my $7 Profar. 12 team mixed 5x5 league. Clock starts ticking in their service time after they eclipse the ROY requirements. I'm sure the clock will start on Peofar soon. I'm 9 points back of first place and am set at MI for the year (E Cabrera, Hardy and Uggla) but could insert Profar in to my U spot currently being filled by the suck that is Ike Davis.

Any recent news on Bundy's arm? I know they were shitting him down for 6 weeks to see if the platelete injections worked but any reason to believe he won't be back to form by next year (I know, I know other that TINSTAAPP)

Should I hold pat or make the deal?

Originally posted by Friarfan View Post
    Just received a trade offer where if get at $3 Dylan Bundy for my $7 Profar. 12 team mixed 5x5 league. Clock starts ticking in their service time after they eclipse the ROY requirements. I'm sure the clock will start on Peofar soon. I'm 9 points back of first place and am set at MI for the year (E Cabrera, Hardy and Uggla) but could insert Profar in to my U spot currently being filled by the suck that is Ike Davis.

Any recent news on Bundy's arm? I know they were shitting him down for 6 weeks to see if the platelete injections worked but any reason to believe he won't be back to form by next year (I know, I know other that TINSTAAPP)

Should I hold pat or make the deal?
    I wouldnt make the deal at all. I would prefer the elite hitter to the elite pitcher anyway, but as an O's fan I'm particularly worried about Bundy's arm. They're supposedly trying the platelet-rich blood therapy, which to my knowledge seldom works. Maybe rest and rehab will enable him to avoid surgery, but I'm worried that he'll be out for an extended period.

Comment

With Profar in the bigs and Bundy on the shelf, I wouldn't do this for 3 Bundys.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
      Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
      Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

I'd pass, too, but it may not be a bad offer. You could well get stuck with a player that passes ROY numbers, but has no home for next year. I'd still gamble on the plus hitter than the injured pitcher.
        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

I wouldn't do it for King Kong Bundy, Kelly Bundy or even Ted Bundy.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
            I wouldn't do it for King Kong Bundy, Kelly Bundy or even Ted Bundy.
            Oh, I'd do it for vintage Kelly Bundy...HELL yeah!
            "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
            - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
            -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
              Oh, I'd do it for vintage Kelly Bundy...HELL yeah!
              Gotta go with Horns on this one. Late-80s Kelly Bundy!? I wouldn't trade her for 15 Profars.

Comment

Originally posted by The Dane View Post
                Gotta go with Horns on this one. Late-80s Kelly Bundy!? I wouldn't trade her for 15 Profars.
                I like where this thread went.

Comment

Originally posted by The Dane View Post
                  She had solid tools, but I often thought the hot friends she brought around graded out even better.

Comment

Originally posted by Friarfan View Post
                    I am unfamiliar with this particular treatment methodology, but it certainly doesn't sound good.

Comment

Originally posted by JetersGlove View Post
                      I am unfamiliar with this particular treatment methodology, but it certainly doesn't sound good.
                      Nice catch. Many of us asleep at the wheel here.

Comment

Originally posted by JetersGlove View Post
                        It's the Moises Alou advanced therapy method.
                        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Working...
                        X