Clear All

• Trade offer

Here is the deal:

Votto or Goldschmidt

for

Kershaw or Justin Upton

Team 1 needs OF and SP badly
    Team 2 is playing Bozo the clown at 1B.

Which pairings (1 from each pair) work and which favor one team or the other?

J
    Last edited by onejayhawk; 05-21-2013, 01:37 PM.
    Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

If I were Team 2, I'd trade away BJ Upton for Votto in a heartbeat. I'd trade him straight-up for Goldschmidt, too, but I'd still rather bank on Votto for the remainder of the year. If I were Team 1, I'd start off by offering Goldschmidt for Kershaw, selling high on Goldschmidt for a clear first-round ace.

Comment

1(tie) Votto Goldschmidt Kershaw
      -------------------------------------
      -------------------------------------
      4) BJ Upton

Despite need, anything involving BJ Upton would be a steal for the team trading Upton. If the Votto/Goldschmidt owner needs an OF, look elsewhere.

Comment

Since I know you're the team that has Votto/Goldschmidt I think we can just remove Upton from the occasion completely.

So the question is should you trade Votto or Goldschmidt for Kershaw and the answer is yes.

That said - if I have anything I could offer or that interests you for Votto let me know, but I can't beat Kershaw alone in value - it'd need to be a multiple player deal.

Comment

If you can get Kershaw for Votto or Goldschmidt pull the trigger.

Comment

First of all BJ Upton should not even be in this conversation with the other 3. I would NEVER trade Votto or Goldy for Upton..NEVER!!!!! I would trade either of them for Kershaw.
            "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

I would agree with everyone else, but I have one caveat. If you switch and join my league, you should definitely move Votto or Goldschmidt for BJ Upton.

Not that I own BJ Upton or anything. Really. If I say it enough, it eventually becomes true, right?

Comment

if the OP in this instance is the one considering BJ (typically in this type of scenario it's the other way around, and someone is overvaluing their own trade chip), and is really contemplating trading either of the two 1Bs in order to fill an OF hole, i think what we can get from this is that we may sometimes UNDERestimate the value of desperation in trades. sometimes even astute owners make nutty moves out of desperation to fill a perceived hole.
                One league, 28 years, 9 championships. AL 4X4

Current Lineup:

Ohoppe 2 Rutschman 22 JRamirez 40 Dezenzo 5 Lewis 6 Semien 26 Torres 20 Hamilton 10 Tucker 42 Cowser 1 Meadows 5 Holliday 17 Andujar 10 Robert 28 P Lopez 8 G Rodriguez 5 Ragans 5 Holmes 10 JDuran 10 McArthur 1 Miller 6 Crochet 10 Crawford 1

Comment

Originally posted by cool hand View Post
                  if the OP in this instance is the one considering BJ (typically in this type of scenario it's the other way around, and someone is overvaluing their own trade chip), and is really contemplating trading either of the two 1Bs in order to fill an OF hole, i think what we can get from this is that we may sometimes UNDERestimate the value of desperation in trades. sometimes even astute owners make nutty moves out of desperation to fill a perceived hole.
                  This is true. On the other hand, I own BJ Upton. His spot *is* my perceived hole.

Comment

Sorry guys. Mea culpa. Mea maxima culpa.

I had the wrong upton in the OP. Justin Upton, not BJ. I would get the one with the 1.000 OPS.

J
                    Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

That changes things. I'd view the potential trades as:

Goldschmidt for Upton
                      Goldschmidt for Kershaw
                      Votto for Kershaw

I don't think I'd personally give up Votto for Kershaw though I might be in the minority on that one.

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
                        Sorry guys. Mea culpa. Mea maxima culpa.

I had the wrong upton in the OP. Justin Upton, not BJ. I would get the one with the 1.000 OPS.

J
                        well, that changes everything!
                        (that thought certainly crossed my mind - bossman was DEFINITELY the one of those kids that was not like the others...)
                        i agree with stephen, in order.
                        One league, 28 years, 9 championships. AL 4X4

Current Lineup:

Ohoppe 2 Rutschman 22 JRamirez 40 Dezenzo 5 Lewis 6 Semien 26 Torres 20 Hamilton 10 Tucker 42 Cowser 1 Meadows 5 Holliday 17 Andujar 10 Robert 28 P Lopez 8 G Rodriguez 5 Ragans 5 Holmes 10 JDuran 10 McArthur 1 Miller 6 Crochet 10 Crawford 1

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
                          That changes things. I'd view the potential trades as:

Goldschmidt for Upton
                          Goldschmidt for Kershaw
                          Votto for Kershaw

I don't think I'd personally give up Votto for Kershaw though I might be in the minority on that one.
                          I would rank them:

Kershaw
                          Goldschmidt
                          Votto
                          Upton
                          "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                            I would rank them:

Kershaw
                            Goldschmidt
                            Votto
                            Upton
                            How close would you have Votto and Upton?

J
                            Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

He will not do any of them. He has Trout, Utpon, Go Go, and Raul Ibanez in the OF and will not part with the 2nd best.

More Ike Davis for him.

J
                              Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

Working...
                              X