Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trading away pitching???

12 team mixed yahoo

I am doing pretty well with pitching but had 2 setbacks this week - Garcia oof - and Cingrani back to AAA

Please rank my pitchers and give me a possible SS to target - need help in all hitting cats

Wainwright - 9
    Medlen - 8.6
    Bailey - 8.2
    Fister - 8
    Maholm - 7.6
    Waiver fodder 5.5 - for Garcia
    I guess hold on to CIngrani

I have chapman, rivera - veras - tazawa - benoit - as relievers

I could cut Benoit for a flyer too

I do not think you can afford to any of your top 4 pitchers. Who are the top two on waiver wire?

Comment

Cut Benoit for a flyer. Trade Maholm if he still has any value. Or if you can get someone to "buy low" on Medlen I'd do that too. Would not deal Wainwright. Rest of the way:

Wain-O
      Bailey
      Fister
      ~~~~
      Medlen
      Maholm

Comment

As for who to target? Rutledge, maybe? He should improve his AVG, and he gets lots of runs and steals. Aim higher? Zobrist, Desmond, Starlin, Alcides... any of those would work.

Comment

Has Dee Gordon been picked up yet? If Mattingly gets fired I could see the new manager wanting to shake things up and making Gordon the full-time SS would probably be one of those changes. Castro would be another pretty good buy low - the steals will come eventually. Asdrubal Cabrera might be had for someone like Maholm.

Comment

I picked up Gordon when called up - that isnt working but I am conceding on that one

I have an offer of Prado for Medlen - I am reluctant to do it - still not ready to give up on him

who should I counter with? or should I let Medlen go?

Comment

I'm not a huge Prado fan, but his average should come up and he's hitting in a pretty good lineup so his counting stats will be solid. I think that's about even value for Medlen right now and if you're hurting at SS it's a worthwhile deal.

Comment

I never did a deal - but now am realizing that I could make it - if I keep streaming the right pitchers - I just grabbed Hector Santiago for example

and Medlen has turned it around - but never really was off course

I think that I would move Fister and keep Bailey - am I right? does that even matter?
                of course, if anyone wants Cingrani he would go

Comment

Working...
                X