Keeper League: Matt Harvey for Jose Bautista

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keeper League: Matt Harvey for Jose Bautista

It's early but I'm already out of contention in my keeper league (12 team 5x5 mixed). I'm working the trade wires to get a younger core in place for next season.

Am considering an offer of Matt Harvey, a couple of mid-round draft picks and Javier Baez (as a prospect I can keep him without penalty until the season after his rookie year) for Jose Bautista and Addison Reed.

I'm very high on Harvey and have no problems showing Bautista the door. Reed is in effect a throw-in; he's draft pick trade value only in our league.

Looking for any other opinions on the deal.

If Bautista is not a keeper possibility for you, I'd do this deal in a heartbeat.

Comment

Yeah, I'd do that easily...and frankly, Baez might just end up being the centerpiece of that deal.
      "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
      - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
      -Warren Ellis

Comment

Bautista can be kept indefinitely but I see him becoming old very quickly.

Comment

if this is a dynasty league (I think that's where contracts don't expire, right?) you have to do this.
          In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

A version of this deal was done. Thanks for the input

Comment

Originally posted by amcg View Post
              A version of this deal was done. Thanks for the input
              So what was the final deal?

-Warren Ellis

Comment

Gave Bautista to receive Harvey, Baez and a decent draft pick. Very happy with that.

Comment

Originally posted by amcg View Post
                  Gave Bautista to receive Harvey, Baez and a decent draft pick. Very happy with that.
                  You should be....well done.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

Yeah, in my league, you probably couldn't have gotten Harvey for Bautista straight up. But pitching is highly valued in my league.

Comment

Working...
                    X