X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kipnis $15 or $20

12 team AL only roto keeper w/obp

Just traded for Kipnis and have to extend him

Should I just go $15 for next year or $20 to have through 2015? Comparables from this draft might be Pedroia $33 and Kinlser $35

Thanks

I'd say 15...until he proves that he can hit for average, or that the 20 HR power is real, I'd be cautious.
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
      I'd say 15...until he proves that he can hit for average, or that the 20 HR power is real, I'd be cautious.
      We don't have average in our league, it's obp, so .325 obp and up doesn't hurt. I have to make the decision by noon Monday, so I guess $15 is the safest route to go and have him just for next year. $15 still makes him a deal even if I only get 10-15hr and 20SB's out of him next year.

Thanks

Comment

I would go 15. You get a better chance for profit and he is still tradeable.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
          I would go 15. You get a better chance for profit and he is still tradeable.
          Yeah, I agree. At $20 on a long term deal, if he struggles he goes from being a valuable trade chip to a contract some would be wary to acquire. He'll probably earn over 20 both years, but he isn't such a sure thing that it is worth the risk to extend him imo.

Comment

Thanks for the input guys

What do you guys think about A.Jones as a keeper next yr at $28?

Comment

Originally posted by price View Post
              Thanks for the input guys

What do you guys think about A.Jones as a keeper next yr at $28?
              In my 12 team AL only 5x5 I would be happy to own him at this price. In fact he was given a raise two years ago taking him to 27 for this year and next.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                In my 12 team AL only 5x5 I would be happy to own him at this price. In fact he was given a raise two years ago taking him to 27 for this year and next.
                Great info. Probably gives him $5-7 value if he continues like what he's on pace for this year

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                X