Frazier, Lawrie, Arenado

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frazier, Lawrie, Arenado

12-team mixed with categories R, HR, RBI, BA, SB, BB, OPS, TB (total bases).

How would you rank these three: Frazier, Lawrie, or Arenado. Would it be a mistake to dump any of them? Lawrie's and Frazier's ownership rates are around 84%, but they have been terrible.

Yeah, I think that Frazier is really overrated...people seem to be blinded by his middling power and ignore his really bad average. And I think that Lawrie is the victim of his own press clippings, and doing too well, too soon. He's going to be a .280 hitter with 20/15 type of numbers, IMO. Good, but not great. I'd give Aranado the nod based on his pedigree, his ballpark, and his performance to date.
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

Comment

Lawrie and Arenado are kinda similar, Arenado has Coors and Lawrie has more speed. None of the 3 really walk a ton. I think Lawrie might be helped if the whole Jays team gets out of their funk. It's hard to deny Frazier's raw power but man he has been mediocre (or worse). I think I'd rank them:

Arenado
      Frazier
      Lawrie

I've got Lawrie in a 12-team mixed and I know the pedigree is great but I am very close to giving him the axe, he isn't starting over Josh Donaldson any time soon anyway.

Comment

Anyone excited about Lawrie's impending return? Is he an upgrade at my CI position over either Lind or Frazier? Could also drop Rajai for him at my utility spot.

Comment

I own Frazier in 4 leagues and have been down on him all year. Then, at the half way point, I looked him up. If we simply double his disappointing stats, here's what we get:

HR: 20 Last year: 19 (his HR rate is much lower)
          RBI: 82 Last year: 67
          SB: 10 Last year: 3
          AVG: .243 Last year: .273
          OBP: .336 Last year: .331 (what!?)

Truth is, if you are in an OBP league, he's probably a good value in your format. 20 HR/10 SB third basemen don't grow on trees. He's not a star, by any means, but he has real use in the right situation.

Comment

I'm not in an OBP league, standard 5x5. Basically have to decide between Lawrie (on the wire) or Lind/Frazier/R.Davis for rest of season.

Comment

red - in a 12-teamer, none of them are very good. But in your league, Frazier might be acceptable - he at least has an acceptable OBP, has stolen a handful of bases, and as Dane noted, is on a 20/82 pace. Arenado has the better pedigree, and in a keeper league, I'd take him in a minute. But for this year, I'd take Frazier. If you have other options, you should certainly check them out, though.

dutch boy - I'm not a believer in Lawrie over any of them.
              I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Working...
              X