Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hosmer worth taking a chance on?

12 team AL only w/obp keeper roto

I have Konerko at $19 2014 but he may retire at the end of the season and he's struggling right now. Another owner may do Hosmer $15 2014 for him. I am looking for players good for next year, but I'd have no choice but to take him in at $15 next unless he is in the minors or NL. He's looking like a G.Beckham type, great pedigree, hot start to career, lots of hype and then nothing.

Should I do this or ride out Konerko?

Thanks

I would try to avoid either of them at those prices for next year. How would you do that?

Comment

Konerko is getting older and his average has taken a huge dive this year in a short sample size. It also seems as if he is on pace to K a lot more than usual which could point to a slower bat simply not catching up to pitches he could before. At his age decline can come fast.

I'd personally not have either of them for next year at those prices, but if you have to keep one or the other I think I'd still take my chances on Hosmer + $4 in the Auction.

Comment

I think I'd rather bet on Konerko retiring than on Hosmer being a good keeper at 19. Sad but true.

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
          Konerko is getting older and his average has taken a huge dive this year in a short sample size. It also seems as if he is on pace to K a lot more than usual which could point to a slower bat simply not catching up to pitches he could before. At his age decline can come fast.
          Konerko hasn't done well since May of last year. He dropped off after a hot April/May last year. The sample size is actually getting pretty big.

Comment

I like Hosmer as a post-hype sleeper
            people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

Originally posted by Controller Jacobs View Post
              I like Hosmer as a post-hype sleeper
              I think I should probably just stay away from Hosmer. He does have the "potential" still, but if I trade for him, I have to take him in next year at $15 regardless.

Hopefully Konerko goes on a hot streak and I can get something for him, even a prospect. I would not take him in next year even if he doesn't retire.

Comment

Originally posted by price View Post
                I think I should probably just stay away from Hosmer. He does have the "potential" still, but if I trade for him, I have to take him in next year at $15 regardless.

Hopefully Konerko goes on a hot streak and I can get something for him, even a prospect. I would not take him in next year even if he doesn't retire.
                You don't have to keep Konerko next year? In that case, definitely no on that deal.

Comment

Working...
                X