Catchers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Catchers

Is it worth trading for McCann if guys like Martin, Ruiz, AJ Pierzynski, Ellis and Doumit are on the wire?

Would try to offer de aza

Who would replace de Aza? If you create a black hole in the OF, no way.
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

If those guys are on the wire, it's probably not worth it unless you have a crazy bench where the loss of de Aza won't be felt.

Probably the easiest way to look at it is to plug in the stats of your current catcher and de Aza and then compare them to the stats of McCann and de Aza's replacement.
      "Igor, would you give me a hand with the bags?"
      "Certainly. You take the blonde and I'll take the one in the turban!"

Comment

No, once AJ gets back, grab him..he'll do well in the Texas heat once healthy.
        "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
        - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
        -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Long John View Post
          If those guys are on the wire, it's probably not worth it unless you have a crazy bench where the loss of de Aza won't be felt.

Probably the easiest way to look at it is to plug in the stats of your current catcher and de Aza and then compare them to the stats of McCann and de Aza's replacement.
          You never know. If those catchers are on the wire, I imagine there are some pretty good OF's on the wire, too.

Comment

Who would replace De Aza in your line up?

I'd rather have Martin or Pierzynski and De Aza than McCann and a replacement level OF.

Comment

I probably would, just because McCann is a half-step above replacement and ADA probably isn't. If ADA somehow isn't below replacement level, can you drop him and put in Pierzynski at UT when AJP comes back?

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                I probably would, just because McCann is a half-step above replacement and ADA probably isn't. If ADA somehow isn't below replacement level, can you drop him and put in Pierzynski at UT when AJP comes back?
                Are you talking about the same DeAza who is on pace for 27 HR's and 19 SB's this year?

Comment

Originally posted by cavebird View Post
                  Are you talking about the same DeAza who is on pace for 27 HR's and 19 SB's this year?
                  i was going to say something similar. i'm surprised you consider de aza as at replacement level, JC. unless this is the shallowest of leagues.
                  "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

Originally posted by bryanbutler View Post
                    i was going to say something similar. i'm surprised you consider de aza as at replacement level, JC. unless this is the shallowest of leagues.
                    He's on the wire in both of my shallow mixed leagues, I guess it's the 252 AVG and 292 OBP

Comment

I would not make the trade.

Comment

Working...
                      X