keeper question: howard or crawford

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• keeper question: howard or crawford

i'll be able to keep howard or crawford this year, but not both. i'm wondering who folks think here is the better choice. howard is $35, crawford $31 ($260 auction dollars).

5x5, offensive categories are: OBA, EBA, SB-CS, R, RBI. very deep league (14 GMs, 18 teams).

howard helps in 4 of 5, but crawford helps in the tough SB-CS category.

thanks in advance ...
    "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Crawford helps in all. You save $4 bucks. Seems like he should have a monster year in his new home. If it were my team I go Crawford.

Comment

Crawford easily.
      After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

what the hell is EBA?

Without knowing I lean slightly towards Howard. He is still an OBP stud and that's not a great category for Crawford.

Comment

Howards last 3 years of OBP are .353 .360 and .339. Hardly studly. Plus there is no HR category here.
          After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
            what the hell is EBA?

Without knowing I lean slightly towards Howard. He is still an OBP stud and that's not a great category for Crawford.
            Is it extra base ave.? No hrs.?

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
              Crawford easily.
              Absolutely.

Comment

If HR is not a category, go with Crawford.
                Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Another vote for CC.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
                  Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
                  Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

well, that was fairly unanimous. thanks all .

EBA = "Extra Base Average" = EB/AB

it's just Isolated Power. it goes back to the original branch rickey article that also included OBA, although he called it "Extra Base Power" (along with "Isolated Power").

see http://www.baseballthinkfactory.org/...o_old_idea.htm

i'd love to see a league with a "Clutch" category sometime ...
                    "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

actually, a follow-up.

$31 for one year, or $35 for two, for CC?

EDIT: and here i am scolding myself for posting this in general instead of BAGM. bah - sorry for that...
                      Last edited by bryanbutler; 03-14-2011, 02:32 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X