Verlander vs Darvish, shhhhh...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Verlander vs Darvish, shhhhh...

....iiiit they're both getting their asses kicked!

Verlander is already out, he got Tomko'd:
    2.2 IP, 8 ER

And Darvish escaped the 3rd with only 3 runs allowed after allowing loading the bases with 1 out. He's started the 4th with another HR.
    people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Dude, you just made me spit my Coke Zero. Hilarious!

Comment

Awesome. I have neither of them on any of my teams.
      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

from one of the saps on twitter:

"Justin Verlander has two bases loaded walks so far in the third inning tonight. He had 3 bases loaded walks in his career in 1605 IP"

and one of them was in his last start. wtf.
        One league, 28 years, 9 championships. AL 4X4

Current Lineup:

Ohoppe 2 Jeffers 5 JRamirez 39 Vaughn 16 WFranco 15 Semien 26 Lowe 5 Rengifo 6 R Lewis 10 Alvarez 39 Carpenter 10 P Lopez 6 G Rodriguez 5 Ragans 5 Holmes 10 JDuran 10

Comment

Darvish settled down eventually and ended up with 8 IP, 4 ER, 8 H+BB, 6 K and the win. Not a great start but I'll take it.
          In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

I held onto my lead despite Verlander mainly because my chief rival has Darvish.

Nice use of "Tomko," that's our league's term for this as well.
            Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
            We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Working...
            X