BJ Upton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BJ Upton

Wow. This is looming on bad of historic proportions. He's batting .145/.242/.244 with three homers, six RBI and 49 strikeouts in 36 games this season. Forget about what fantasy owners should do with BJ, what should the Braves do? I know the contract suggests he gets sent back out there every day but he is dead weight right now.
    After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

I will probably punch him in the face soon.
    Find that level above your head and help you reach it.

Comment

Originally posted by DJBeasties View Post
      I will probably punch him in the face soon.
      I, on the other hand, will give him a big hug for netting me Derek Holland and Cody Ross, which further resulted in me not keeping Phil Hughes.
      people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

From a real baseball standpoint the Braves have been working with him a lot before the games with putting a little kick in his swing. By all accounts that I've heard/read he's really open to it and frustrated with his lack of production as well. I think the Braves will give him every opportunity to get on track while Heyward is out. Afterwards I think you could see him get a day or two off a week.

For fantasy baseball I'd just bench if him I had a spot. If someone waives him one of my leagues I'll try and make space for him on my bench.

Comment

Notorious slow starter

Comment

Originally posted by Controller Jacobs View Post
            I, on the other hand, will give him a big hug for netting me Derek Holland and Cody Ross, which further resulted in me not keeping Phil Hughes.
            we now know who controller is taking in the man-crush category in the sports bar.
            "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

He's an incredibly streaky player and one that overthinks/tweaks everything in reaction to what he's struggling with. Once he digs his way out of this, he'll be on fire for weeks.

Comment

I'd sit him down for a week or so, play Schaffer and Johnson, and work like hell with him during that time period studying last years second half video...
                "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                -Warren Ellis

Comment

I sat him in my NFBC league 2 weeks ago.....my 3rd round draft pick

Comment

Another 0 for 4 night. Worst batting average in the MLB. I'm not sure how much longer I can give this streaky hitter. Feel like I wasted $30 on him at our NL only auction. And to think I traded away his brother for $40 a week before the season started. However, if you take away Justin's hot start, he is not doing very well lately either.

I know I will not be able to get anything for him in a trade. Guess I have to reserve him and activate some piece of crap that bats 3 times a week.

Comment

He's sitting firmly on my bench.

Thank the lord I have a bench.

Comment

Working...
                      X