2K13: Yovani Gallardo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2K13: Yovani Gallardo

What's with him this year? Is it an overwork situation?

His velocity is off significantly from two years ago, especially the cutter.

Yovani Gallardo career pitching statistics for Major League, Minor League, and postseason baseball

I did not expect an ace, but this is barely a deuce.

J
    Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

see also http://forum.rotojunkiefix.com/showt...-with-Gallardo
    In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

His mechanics really suck....I mean really suck.

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
        His mechanics really suck....I mean really suck.
        Even Roenicke mentioned this...well, in more diplomatic coach-speak, of course.

I'm really wondering if this is a function of bad minor league coaching. Gallardo is not the only Brewer pitcher whose mechanics are bad or very bad.

It'd be very interesting to talk to Odorizzi about how he's been coached in Milwaukee, KC, and TB. Well, after you filled him with sodium pentathol.
        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

It's all of their pitchers which tells me it's being developed from within. Gallardo, Fiers, Peralta, Estrada -- all have the same type of over the top delivery with some rather bad posture. Doug Thorborn at BP has been all over this for awhile.

That's a great idea about chatting with Odorizzi. Never thought about that. Since he's in AAA, getting interviews is easier than it is with the big league club. I'll see what I can do.

Comment

Working...
          X