Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the longest you have ever went without making a trade?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the longest you have ever went without making a trade?

A comment in another thread got to thinking about this.

I am a trader and I make many trades. I think the longest I ever went was maybe a month and a half. I try not to make trades for the sake of making trades.

So just curious as to you guys?

If you have never gone more than a month and a half without making a trade, you have made trades for the sake of making trades unless you have 10 teams or something. I honestly, have no idea, but I am sure it is far longer than that.

Comment

Much longer than a month and a half. In my keeper leagues, I probably make about five or six trades an average season, either to stock up for a money run or to acquire keepers for the next year. In my redraft leagues, I maybe average around two trades a season.

Comment

I think I know the post that prompted your thread. I read someone posting they had not made a trade in 8 years, and that struck me too. 8 years? For me, 1/2 the fun is the trading. Very tough right now for me as I am in a league where there just is not much trading. I send feelers, or even specific trade offers, and time and time again, it is like my messages are eaten by the void as I dont even get a freakin acknowledgement, a simple no ty, anything. Year after year I am in the top 2 or 3 teams for most trades, but we are talking very few trades for entire league for the year that are not dump types.

I think there are just different types of owners, those who feel they assembled their team by auction and want to manage that group, period. And there are those that like the swapping, the trade talks, the looking over others rosters and putting offers together. But yeah, that 8 year figure I read in this board struck me as weird. For me, its like saying I have owned a beautiful yaht for 8 years, but have never stepped foot on it and pulled up anchor.

Comment

Longest ?? Not sure, but not very long as i usually make 5-7 trades per year.

There have been 4 trades in my league so far this season and i have been in all 4.
          "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Depends on the league I am playing in. I made a lot of trades in my league last year (won it actually but was not invited back as commish didn't like that I followed the league rules as he wrote them(I assume)). In my regular re-draft league I rarely trade - 20 teams so there isn't a whole lot of depth on any squad.

Comment

In my primary keeper league I usually make about 5-8 in season and another 2-3 each off season and I definitely average in the lower 1/3 for trade frequency there. The setup and ownership makeup fosters tons of trade activity in that league.

Comment

3 seasons maybe?
                I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Usually 1-3 trades in my local league which i haven't won for awhile. I won my Yahoo Pro League last year without making a trade. Hmmmn........
                  “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by cavebird View Post
                    If you have never gone more than a month and a half without making a trade, you have made trades for the sake of making trades unless you have 10 teams or something. I honestly, have no idea, but I am sure it is far longer than that.
                    I have played in 12 team only keeper leagues for most of my 20+ years. Cannot win on keepers and auction alone.

Comment

I was in on the only trade in our league so far this year (got lame duck Bumgarner for lame duck SCastro in opening week), but I sometimes won't make a deal until at least the All-Star break. And other years I'll make 10 or 12, which would be the most in the league.

We have 2 owners who can go a year and a half without making a deal, only one of whom can't make one because he demands way too much in return every time.

This is a league where the youngest owner is 45, the oldest is 70, and the average is probably late 50s....
                      finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                      own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                      won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                      RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                      C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                      1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                      OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by cavebird View Post
                        I can think of a few people in our league who fit that description.
                        "Knowledge is good." ---Emil Faber

"It's easy to grin, when your ship comes in, and you've got the stock market beat; but the man worthwhile, is the man who can smile, when his shorts are too tight in the seat." --- Judge Elihue Smails

"Integrity means that you are the same in public as you are in private." --- Joyce Meyer

"..........don't think; it can only hurt the ballclub." --- Crash Davis

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
                          Usually 1-3 trades in my local league which i haven't won for awhile. I won my Yahoo Pro League last year without making a trade. Hmmmn........
                          The pre-season trade you made this year is looking pretty damn god for you though...
                          "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

I'm addicted to trading. To me, it's the best part of the game. I do admit that sometimes I trade just to trade, but I can't help it. I enjoy having as many great players on my team as possible. There are very few great players that I have never owned, at least briefly. My general strategy each year is to trade in the preseason to make the best keeper list possible, regardless of long term value. Then load up on as much value as possible in the auction. Then trade from positions of strength in season to gain keepers and minor leaguers, even if it means slight downgrades to my team, because typically my team is strong enough at that point to survive taking some losses. Then, when dumping time comes, trade away those recently acquired minor leaguers and keepers to make a run, targeting just what I need for the stretch run. It has worked well for me, and while I've come up just short several times, I did win it all two years ago, and I'm always in the running.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                              I'm addicted to trading. To me, it's the best part of the game. I do admit that sometimes I trade just to trade, but I can't help it. I enjoy having as many great players on my team as possible. There are very few great players that I have never owned, at least briefly. My general strategy each year is to trade in the preseason to make the best keeper list possible, regardless of long term value. Then load up on as much value as possible in the auction. Then trade from positions of strength in season to gain keepers and minor leaguers, even if it means slight downgrades to my team, because typically my team is strong enough at that point to survive taking some losses. Then, when dumping time comes, trade away those recently acquired minor leaguers and keepers to make a run, targeting just what I need for the stretch run. It has worked well for me, and while I've come up just short several times, I did win it all two years ago, and I'm always in the running.
                              I'm like this a lot, too. I generally lead my leagues in total trades, and often it's not even close. I've already made 10 deals in one league alone this year, and I don't mind the churn and burn of it at all. It's part of what keeps it fresh for me. I have one or two guys whom I will never ever trade, but beyond that, pretty much anyone is fair game. I find that I'm pretty adept at knowing what other league members like and also at keeping a running dialogue open with them throughout the year so that a trade talk is always a possibility. I'm always tinkering and trying to upgrade my team, and I enjoy trading as a means to do so moreso than I do picking up guys via FAAB. To each his own, but trading will always be my favorite part of the game, and I think it's also the part of fantasy baseball that I'm best at. That's why I'd never go for the non-trade leagues like the NFBC -- that type of league simply doesn't play to my strengths.

Comment

Working...
                              X