Need to trade for SBs - have surplus starting pitching and power

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need to trade for SBs - have surplus starting pitching and power

15-team 5x5 mixed ultra. I'm pretty solid in every category except SBs. Just coming up with ideas about potential trades to offer. What do y'all think of Bautista 15Y for Crawford 18A? Has Crawford done enough to convince you he's back where he was with TB? How about Shelby Miller 10Y for Jean Segura 7A (my current MI is quite weak)? Or should I at least hold S.Miller until some dumping team offers me a bigger package than that?

I like the Miller for Segura offer a lot more than Bautista/Crawford.

Segura for $7A is a pretty damned good keeper. That guy has been an absolute beast.

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen View Post

Segura for $7A is a pretty damned good keeper. That guy has been an absolute beast.
      Agreed.
      "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen View Post

I agree with this.

Comment

Absolutely agree. Segura $7A is an excellent keeper.

Comment

The Segura owner seems willing. Segura would replace the Gregorius/Pennington duo as my regular MI or Quentin/Gentry as my UT. My starting rotation upon losing Miller would be: Wainwright, Hamels, Kuroda, Detwiler, Ogando and Nolasco, with Capuano and Beachy currently on reserve. Pull the trigger?

Comment

I'd do it.
              If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
              - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

I'd do Miller for Segura in a heartbeat...especially in a keeper league.

Comment

I have both players, so maybe I'm biased, but I think they are both excellent keepers. I too would pull the trigger, but not before exhausting every possibility of trying to keep both. If he'd take Hamels and something instead of Miller, I'd much prefer that trade.

Comment

I made the trade. I'm in 4th place even with several of my top players (Hamels, McCutchen, Butler) underperforming to date, so I expect to make a title run. Given the nature of this league, come July I'll probably be trading Segura's 7A contract for two or three studs to keep up with all of the other title contenders cashing in their keepers. It's rare to get out of this league with a title AND great keepers.

Comment

Working...
                    X