Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help! Tell me not to trade Goldschmidt for Strasburg!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jump all over it. Don't think twice.

Comment

This is where I ask if I can join your league...
      "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

Originally posted by cardboardbox View Post
        This is where I ask if I can join your league...
        He's thinking over the deal, so it's not 100% that he'll go through with it. Still, he agreed in principle via email with only minor parameters to flesh out, so time will tell. I'm hopeful, though. Thanks for all the advice from everyone, too. It's hard to stay objective with deals like this when multiple stars get thrown in on both sides, especially because you usually like your own guys more anyway.

And no, I'm happy with my current owners, thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Bodhizefa View Post
          He's thinking over the deal, so it's not 100% that he'll go through with it. Still, he agreed in principle via email with only minor parameters to flesh out, so time will tell. I'm hopeful, though. Thanks for all the advice from everyone, too. It's hard to stay objective with deals like this when multiple stars get thrown in on both sides, especially because you usually like your own guys more anyway.

And no, I'm happy with my current owners, thanks

Awwww, you don't want me back?
          "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
          - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
          -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
            Awwww, you don't want me back?

I'm not even commish anymore. I resigned due to grad school obligations and am now happily in the pseudo periphery as far as ruling goes.

Comment

I'm not even commish anymore. I resigned due to grad school obligations and am now happily in the pseudo periphery as far as ruling goes.
              Good for you...how's school?
              "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
              - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
              -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                Good for you...how's school?
                Just finished my first semester of PT school. It's super hard, but I began excelling about halfway through and seem to have hit my stride. Yeehaw

Comment

Thanks for all the insight, guys. We've gone back and forth, and the current offer is Goldschmidt, James Shields, and Kyle Seager for Votto and Strasburg. Seager is one of three third basemen I own, so I wouldn't have to figure that out later.

So have I made things better or worse, lol?
                  I think you've made things better. I know from another thread you aren't sold on Votto being uber elite anymore, but I'd trade Shields and Seager for Votto in a dynasty in a heartbeat. That puts it over the end for me. You get Strasburg and Votto in this deal, arguably the two best players. I love Goldy, but I think you have to do this deal.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                    I think you've made things better. I know from another thread you aren't sold on Votto being uber elite anymore, but I'd trade Shields and Seager for Votto in a dynasty in a heartbeat. That puts it over the end for me. You get Strasburg and Votto in this deal, arguably the two best players. I love Goldy, but I think you have to do this deal.
                    We made the deal! There were some last minute revisions to make it even nuttier, but the basis of the Shields, Seager, and Goldschmidt for Votto and Strasburg remained. Holy cow, this is crazy!

Comment

We made the deal! There were some last minute revisions to make it even nuttier, but the basis of the Shields, Seager, and Goldschmidt for Votto and Strasburg remained. Holy cow, this is crazy!
                      Nice work! Even I would have jumped on that, and I haven't made a trade in 8 years in RJEL.
                      I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Yeah, total no-brainer. The definition of selling high.
                        Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                        We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                          Nice work! Even I would have jumped on that, and I haven't made a trade in 8 years in RJEL.
                          I would think if you haven't made a trade in 8 years, it is possible that you over value your players.

Comment

Great deal for you.
                            If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                            - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Working...
                            X