Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help! Tell me not to trade Goldschmidt for Strasburg!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help! Tell me not to trade Goldschmidt for Strasburg!

Dynasty league, and I never thought I'd have a chance to deal for Strasburg, but here it is:

I've been offered Strasburg and Nick Franklin (minors) for Goldschmidt and Mike Zunino (minors)

We keep these guys forever, so there are no salaries. The major catch is that I don't have another first baseman, so I'd have to go find one somewhere. Well, that and I love Goldschmidt and think he may actually be more valuable than Stras at this point. Please help me from going insane thinking this one over!

Depends on the scoring system...in my points league, pitchers are far more valuable than hitters.
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
      Depends on the scoring system...in my points league, pitchers are far more valuable than hitters.
      Standard 5x5 (not points)

Comment

I'm not convinced that Goldy is going to be the decade long superstar 1st rounder than most are, but I do think that he's a hell of a player. That said, 1st base is probably still the easiest position to find counting stats, and Strasburg is a once in a generation talent, so I'd probably do it. But remember, I'm not the norm...
        "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
        - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
        -Warren Ellis

Comment

How many keepers? What 1B are on the waiver wire? How are you doing this year so far?
          "Igor, would you give me a hand with the bags?"
          "Certainly. You take the blonde and I'll take the one in the turban!"

Comment

Strasburg has a hell of a team behind him that won't overthrow him early in his career. Like Hornsby said, this kind of arm doesn't come around every year. Goldschlager might have a better season this year, but thinking long term, it would be hard for me to turn down this trade.

Comment

Could you work in his current 1B for a lesser SP from your team or something just so that you have a body in place rather than having to scour the wire?

Comment

Another consideration: I bet you could flip Strasburg and get a bigger return than if you flipped Goldschmidt.

Also a few months ago this wouldn't even be an option for you. Probably worth taking the risk.

Comment

Thanks for all the insight, guys. We've gone back and forth, and the current offer is Goldschmidt, James Shields, and Kyle Seager for Votto and Strasburg. Seager is one of three third basemen I own, so I wouldn't have to figure that out later.

So have I made things better or worse, lol?

Comment

Just to keep it on the current page, here was my update that el diablo was responding to:

Thanks for all the insight, guys. We've gone back and forth, and the current offer is Goldschmidt, James Shields, and Kyle Seager for Votto and Strasburg. Seager is one of three third basemen I own, so I wouldn't have to figure that out later.

Comment

I absolutely love that deal for you. I like Goldy, but I love Votto. Go for it!

Comment

Originally posted by Bodhizefa View Post
                        Just to keep it on the current page, here was my update that el diablo was responding to:

I'd be running to hit accept as fast as I could....

Comment

Geez and its a dynasty league? The Stras and Votto side is so strong, even if they each had 2 broken legs I would take them over what you are giving up.

Comment

Yeah, jump all over Stras and Votto. Wow, dumb move by the other owner.

Comment

Well done. Agree - love that deal! We're only 1.5 months into the season; it isn't clear that Goldy is truly better than even Votto.

Comment

Working...
                              X