Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SHH - Matt Harvey perfect thru 6

anyone who thinks they should sell high is crazy - actually, they're "high"

this is all for real. dude is this good, not just a 'good first month but can he sustain it near this level'...

Harvey went to the Rangers hockey playoff game the other day.

This guy LOVES the big spot. Right now he can only go to the Garden to feel it by sitting in the stands because his team stinks, but he cannot wait until (if) the Mets get their act together.

He wasn't even born when I was watching Doc Gooden electrify Shea Stadium numerous times, but he welcomes the comparisons - not because he's arrogant, but because he embraces the possibility of being 'that guy,' as he's already becoming.

They say some players aren't cut out for the 'big NY stage' - this guy lives for it...
    Last edited by Judge Jude; 05-07-2013, 08:28 PM.
    finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
    own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
    RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
    OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

And there goes that!

Comment

Heartbreaker to not get a win out of that. 9 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 12 K. And only 105 pitches.
      In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Look up bulldog in the dictionary and you'll find a picture of Matt Harvey with blood running down his face.

Harvey > Everyone else

Too bad the rest of the Mets suck monkey balls

Comment

yeah, yeah, cherrypicked stats but

ESPN Stats & Info ‏@ESPNStatsInfo 28m

Matt Harvey is 1st pitcher in last 100 years with at least 125 strikeouts and 25 or fewer ER allowed in 1st 17 career starts. (per Elias)

C Stallings 2, Casali 1
          1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17

Comment

Originally posted by Roto Rooter View Post
            Look up bulldog in the dictionary and you'll find a picture of Matt Harvey with blood running down his face.

Harvey > Everyone else

Too bad the rest of the Mets suck monkey balls

What was up with that?

Comment

Kevin Frandsen said on KNBR this morning that he thinks Harvey is better than Strausberg
              "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
                Kevin Frandsen said on KNBR this morning that he thinks Harvey is better than Strausberg
                While debatable, that statement isn't going out too far on a limb. The dude looks so much better than anyone could have hoped for. He was a highly regarded top tier pitching prospect, but no one had him being Strasburg/Kershaw/Verlander elite. He certainly looks legit. Maybe he needed the biggest stage to bring out his best.

Comment

Originally posted by Sharky View Post
                  What was up with that?
                  He got a bloody nose. He said he's been prone to getting them since he was a kid. Was freaky as hell when they first showed him on the mound with blood coming down his face. I was like what the f is going on, but then they explained it.

Comment

June 2010 farm draft

Bryce Harper was picked 1st
                    I have 2nd pick, take.... Jameson Taillon (who I later traded)
                    3rd is.... well, I have this pick, too. Torn between 2 players, and I know the sentiments of the guy picking 4th, so I tell him he has to give me a future 2nd-round farm pick if he wants to get his guy at No. 3.

so the Mets-lover takes..... Matt Harvey, as I figured.
                    I take the other guy with the 4th pick, also highly rated.
                    It's Karsten Whitson, nephew of Ed Whitson - had just been picked by the Padres

Whitson never signs, turns down $2M bonus, goes to U of Florida instead, blows out his arm, I cut him, now he'll miss the 2013 season after shoulder surgery.
                    Hard to say which of us made the dumber choice - me, or Karsten!

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
                      Harvey is better than everyone.

Comment

Matt Harvey placed an exclamation point on his excellent start to the season Tuesday night with 9 one-hit innings, let’s take a look at how he’s doing it with a slant towards the visual.

Last edited by ; 05-08-2013, 03:46 PM.

Comment

Nice graphic!

Comment

Working...
                          X