No announcement yet.

JA Happ--Jennings liner off head

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm here for the game -- the sound was disgusting from the pressbox.

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
      I'm here for the game -- the sound was disgusting from the pressbox.
      Happened to be watching on MLB Network. Brutal. The ball ricocheted all the way out into right field, and there was blood coming from his ear. Quietest I've ever heard a baseball game for the five minutes or so while they were putting him on the stretcher to carry him off.

Comment

holy crap. that looks very bad. i hope he comes through it without any permanent damage.
        "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

I have JA Happ in both of my leagues. And I benched him both for better options this week because he was scheduled to be on the road against 2 AL East opponents.

In one of those leagues, I have Jennings.
          "Igor, would you give me a hand with the bags?"
          "Certainly. You take the blonde and I'll take the one in the turban!"

Comment

Watching that video left my stomach in a knot. I hope that he will be ok.

Being the hitter in that situation has to be difficult too. I feel bad for both Happ and Jennings.
            “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Desmond Jennings left before talking to the media after the game tonight. Coaches said he's very torn up by it.

Comment

He's back on the mound for the Jays today. Good to see.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
                Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
                Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

He got off to a tough start, giving up two runs in the first inning, but has settled down since. It helped that the Jays got seven runs off Aaron Harang in the 2nd and 3rd innings.
                  Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
                  -- William James

Comment

Originally posted by Don Quixote View Post
                    He got off to a tough start, giving up two runs in the first inning, but has settled down since. It helped that the Jays got seven runs off Aaron Harang in the 2nd and 3rd innings.
                    Thanks for the jink. Another ugly game.

Comment

Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
                      Thanks for the jink. Another ugly game.
                      Sorry. At the time, it was the truth.

I know you'll want to return the favor, but save your jink until after my Pirates get win #82, please!

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
                      -- William James

Comment

Originally posted by Don Quixote View Post
                        Sorry. At the time, it was the truth.

I know you'll want to return the favor, but save your jink until after my Pirates get win #82, please!
                        Nah. There's no crying in baseball. I have a Pirates magnet on my car. Of course, I had one last year, too. When I put it on my car they were in first. Then I lost touch for about 10 days. Then they weren't in first anymore. But I'm genuinely pulling for them.

Comment

Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
                          Nah. There's no crying in baseball. I have a Pirates magnet on my car. Of course, I had one last year, too. When I put it on my car they were in first. Then I lost touch for about 10 days. Then they weren't in first anymore. But I'm genuinely pulling for them.
                          Much appreciated. I'm taking the extreme realist view on the Pirates' season--I won't believe they will win 82 games until the day AFTER they've done it, and any playoff berth will be a bonus that I also won't believe until the day AFTER they clinch it. I know that playing .250 ball will accomplish the first, but I'm sticking to my view.

-- William James

Comment

Working...
                          X